You Happened

Your POV:

I was driving with Hope. Yes I know how to drive. 

"Now that you're 18 what do you want to do?" Hope asked.

"Go to college?"

"Really? That's it?" I nodded. "Wow you're boring."

I laughed. "Well sorry! What did you want me to say?"

"Get a tattoo! Get a piercing! Buy a house! I don't know something exciting."

"Fine can I get a tattoo?"

"No."

I pulled up to Kelley's house. "You're so annoying."

She laughed and got out. "I'll see you later tonight have fun bye." She went to the door and went inside. 

I drove away and shook my head. I'm in Georgia. I don't know anyone here what does she mean have fun?

Hope's POV:

"Have fun? Really Hope?" Kelley laughed. "She doesn't have any friends out here. When we visited it was just here mostly." She laughed harder.

"Kelley." I said. 

"I'm just messing with you. She'll find something to do. Maybe go bother Moe." Kelley shrugged.

Your POV:

I was walking down the street minding my own business. 

Yes I said walking. I parked in a lot and just decided to walk. Judge me. 

But anyways, I was minding my own business. I don't know this area. 

"HEY!" I turned around. "You're Hope Solo's kid right?" A guy asked

"Yeah." I put my hands in my pockets. "Why?"

He smirked and the girl with him laughed. "Give this to your mom from us." She said.

Hope's POV:

Me and Kelley were watching a movie. Well I was watching it, Kelley was falling asleep on my shoulder. My phone started to ring.

"Hello?"

"Is this Hope Solo?"

"Yes."

"Hi I'm here at the hospital. We have Y/N here and even though she's over 18 we still decided to call you."

"What happened?"

"That's what you'll need to speak to the police about. Please come quickly." 

They hung up and I looked at Kelley. "Kelley wake up."

"5 more minutes mom."

"Kelley I'm not your mother now wake up."

"But the movie is boring."

"It's Y/N. Something happened."

She opened her eyes. "I'm up." 

We got in the car and drove to the hospital. "I'm Hope Solo. I'm looking for Y/N?"

The lady at the desk pointed us in the direction and we went to her. 

There were 2 cops in front of her room. I went into the room and saw her. She had a black eye and a cut on her lip. "What happened?" I said. She glared at me. 

"Ms. Solo it seems your daughter was attacked while walking down the street. She won't tell us anything. She hasn't spoken to us." A cop said.

"Y/N you have to tell us what happened." She looked at me. "Can you give us a minute?" I said. The cops nodded and left. 

"I'll be outside." Kelley said. She kissed my cheek and left too.

"Y/N you have to tell us what happened so we can fix this-"

"YOU HAPPENED!" She said to me. "This happened cause of you!"

"What?"

"This is for you. The people who did this. They did this because I'm Hope Solo's daughter! THAT'S ALL I'LL EVER BE! WHY'D YOU HAVE TO ADOPT ME! YOU ONLY MADE THINGS WORSE!"

"Y/N calm down."

"You just had to fuck everything up didn't you! Everyone fucking hates you and they take it out on me!" She pointed to her face. "You did this! This is YOUR fault!" 

I felt the tears fall from my eyes.

"I hate you." She looked away. "I wish you never adopted me."

I looked down and wiped tears away. "I'm sorry."

She scoffed. 

I walked to the door and walked outside. "What happened?" Kelley asked. "Why are you crying?"

"She hates me." I said. "She wishes I never adopted her." My voice cracked. I looked towards the cops. "A group of kids attacked her. They did it because of me, because she's Hope Solo's daughter."

Your POV:

I stared at the wall. The door opened and Kelley walked in. "Hey." She said. "How you doing?"

"How do you think Kelley? I got beat up." 

She held her hands up. "Don't get all pissed at me." She said. "Hope's pretty upset."

"I don't care."

"Yes you do."

"No I don't Kelley. She ruined my life. I can't go to college and live my life cause I'm always gonna be viewed as Hope Solo's kid." I looked at her. "Don't you get it? During the World Cup I wasn't Y/N, I was Hope Solo's kid. Mini Hope." I said. 

"But do you really hate her? Or just living in her shadow?"

"I hate her. I hate her for adopting me. I hate her for whatever she did that caused so many people to hate her! They hate her and now they hate me and I can't go for a simple walking without having to fear that I'm gonna get my ass beat ALL BECAUSE HOPE SOLO FUCKING ADOPTED ME!" I threw the pillow at the wall.

"Y/N." Kelley said reaching for my arm.

"Don't touch me." I said. "Just leave me alone." I put my head down.

"Okay. I'll leave." I heard her walk to the door. "Put think about what you said tonight." The door opened and closed and I looked up. The cops were in and they started to ask me questions of what happened.

SORRY!!!! I haven't updated I was sick last week and I started school this week! It's been pretty crazy! I probably won't update tomorrow either I'm going to the One Direction concert!!! But I hope this can hold you over until Sunday. Again sorry for not updating I've just been busy getting college shit ready and jumping back into the routine of school.