Chapter 18 - Déjà vu.

Warning: UNEDITED!

•Adaline's P.O.V•

•°•°•°•°•°•

I opened my eyes ,but closed them shortly because of the light. I rubbed them ,and ,when I thought it's safe, I opened them slowly.

I found myself staring at a white ceiling. Furrowing my eyebrows in confusion, I looked around to see where I am.

The medical cabinet? ,I asked myself. What was I doing here?

A face popped in front of me ,out of nowhere, and it almost scared the hell out of me. I flinched from the sudden closeness.

"So I see you're awake..." Ayato stated ,squinting his eyes at me. My back was pressed to the wall behind me ,due to the flinching. He smirked ,and leaned back in his chair.

Gladly that I could breath normally ,I stood up. I looked around again, biting my lip out of confusion. I didn't miss that Ayato's attention flew to my lip.

My heartbeat picked up ,and I started feeling dizziness clouding my head. The world around me was spinning.

"Whoa!" Ayato exclaimed, catching me in his arms when I was about to fall. He set me down gently on the bed and shook his head. "The nurse told me that you are going to feel dizzy for about thirty minutes, so don't make any sudden movements."

I nodded my head and moved my eyes from Ayato to the white ceiling above.

Silence took upon this room, making it seem awkward. Also, the ticking of the clock in the room didn't help either.

"So..." I broke the silence, making Ayato's eyes snap to me. "How did I end up here?"

Surprisingly, he began to chuckle. I grew myself annoyed as minutes passed by of him laughing, waiting for him to sober up and tell me.

"Ayato..." I warned him. With one last chuckle, he finally sobered up.

"Well, you fainted..." He trailed off ,making me wonder how I fainted. His mischievous and cocky smirk didn't help but just to make me wonder more how the hell I fainted and why I don't remember.

We stood in silence a few good minutes, until I have had enough and opened my mouth.

"And...?" I gestured for him to continue, showing him that I was growing impatient with each second that was passing. He seemed to enjoy this, because all that he did was to smirk.

He looked to the side ,only to annoy me more. "Hmm..." He turned his head slowly towards me ,a mocking expression on his face. "Let's just say that I took your breath away," He winked at me.

My eyebrows shot up at his words.

"What the hell does that mean ,Anders?" I rolled my eyes at his words. "Take my breath away? That's just nonsense," I huffed through my nose in humour ,and pursed my lips.

Ayato shook his head and brought his lips to the side. "Mmm, no ,I think is not."

"If is not, then explain to me what did you mean," I challenged him, but that only did bad to me because Ayato wasn't the type of guy to back off. Oh joy!

His lips curled upwards into a mischievous smirk. There was this glint in his eyes that made me want to take back what I have said, yet I don't want to be the type of girl to back off. I want to show Ayato that I could be strong too, even if my dignity and pride is in the game. Or even worse, my health.