Chapter 24 - I'm dead.

Warning: UNEDITED!

•Adaline's P.O.V

•°•°•°•°•

With a smile still tugging at the corners of my lips, I went downstairs.

I was happy that Zach invited me to a date. I was excited. A date. I've never been on a real date. That one with Tyler wasn't a date. They weren't dates. They were games played by him, me being only his character.

So, I couldn't tell Zach a 'yes' just yet. I need to think about this date. How will occur, but more importantly what type of guy is Zach.

I can't do the same mistake over and over again, yet it seems that this is the only thing I do.

Look at me, I'm in a cottage, in the woods, with Tyler and Ayato, two players. Two best friends.

Thinking of this, if Ayato and Tyler are in fact best friends, why didn't Ayato ask me about my relationship with Tyler? Does he not know?

Easing the furrow between my eyebrows, I came to the conclusion that that was not my business. Better if Ayato doesn't know about that.

As I was ready to go down the stairs, a figure leaning against the wall at the middle of the stairs, made me stop dead in my tracks.

The figure had its arms crossed over his chest, and he was looking down.

As if he felt my presence, he raised up his head and looked in my eyes, a blank expression in his eyes.

I blinked a few times, my lips parting slightly in surprise.

I shook my head mentally, gather all the confidence that is in me, and began to climb down the stairs.

I walked past him, but didn't have the time to fist bump the air for my courage because his hand stuck out and caught my wrist.

He made me turn around , careful not to make me fall. He was looking down, his hair disheveled like he ran his hand through it a lot of times.

I waited a few seconds for him to say something. Nothing came out. I thought that he caught my wrist only to annoy me, but the expression on his face told me otherwise. His face was serious, not mischievous or playful. This was not a very popular side of him, and I didn't like it, to be honest.

He licked his lips.

"Did you say yes?" He asked in a whisper, almost vulnerable as if he could break down at any moment.

I blinked a few times in surprise, not understanding his question.

"Huh?" Was the only thing I could manage to say. He sighed shortly in annoyance.

"Did you say yes to Zach?"

Finally, getting the question straight in my head, I responded.

"Aah...Oh...Uh...Umm..." I said the words one after another. I gulped, getting really nervous.

I don't even know for what I was even nervous. It's like I was the daughter, and he was my dad asking if I had a crush on a boy.

He raised his eyes to meet mine. The blank look in his eyes, with a small spark of hope in them, were killing me. It's like he wanted me to say that I didn't want to go.