Chapter 30 - Mirror, Mirror. [1]

Warning: UNEDITED!

•Ayato's P.O.V•

•°•°•°•°•°•

After Emily's death, I promised myself not to love anymore. Even if it's a hard promise to keep, I still said it. But look at me not keeping it.

It's true that I'm falling fast in love with Adaline, but I know that my first love was Emily, and it will always be.

That's the heartbreaking truth. I never got past Emily's death. I loved her and I still do. More than ever. More than anyone. Not even the growing love I hold for Adaline could overthrow the love I still hold for Emily. As sad as it sounds, I'm still not over her death and I'll never will.

But I can still hope that my love for Addy will grow and I could finally forget about Emily. I'm sorry, Emily. But it's too hard for me to let my heart still cling onto the memories of you.

Your smile.

Your laugh.

Your eyes.

I have to forget about them.

My chest feels heavy. I can't breathe anymore. I'm scared. I'm scared that I have to move on. I'm scared of change.

I closed my eyes and sighed, reopening them.

I just want to rewind everything and not have gone to the party with her. I should've stopped her. I should've stayed with her.

My eyes slowly closed, black surrounding me.

***

My eyes shot open, my heart beating fast. I looked around. The library. What am I doing here?

"Please, Ian! One party, I swear! Just one!" A familiar voice pleaded, my arm being shaken by two gentle and warm hands. I snapped my head to the side, my heart's speeding up more and more.

Emily?

Thump. Thump. Thump.

No...it can't be real...

"E-Emily, i-is that you?" I asked, putting the book I was holding on the table in front of me. I got up, and gripped Emily's shoulders.

She gave me a weird look. "Uh, duh! The one and only!" She joked, laughing. "So, about the party..."

I blinked, beginning to understand. Maybe I have a second chance...

"Yeah, no..."

"What?!" She exclaimed. "Please! Just this one party!"

I shook my head and proceed to walk away from the library's school, with Em trailing after me.

"Please, please, please, Ian! What if I die toni-" My feet came to a halt while I turned around fast, my jaw clenched, my eyes hard.

"Don't you even think about saying that," I warned her, my eyes narrowing to slits. She widened her eyes a little bit, stepping back.

"Woah, calm down! If you get angry that much, you don't have to come to the party. I'm going alone," She decided, and walked past me, her shoulder brushing slightly with mine.

I turned around and watched her. She was walking slowly as if she was waiting for me to call for her.

That wasn't going to happen.

I don't want the past to repeat.

But...if I don't go with her, she might get drunk again and do something that will put her in danger.