Epilogue

Warning: UNEDITED!

•Adaline's P.O.V•

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

“Ayato, have you finished dusting off the carpets?” I screamed from the kitchen, where I was preparing the fasting for the family reunion. No answer came so I called back again.

After a few seconds, in came Ayato, holding a white rug in his hands. I looked at him, a bit puzzled about the situation, but then my eyes rendered the large mud spotches on the rug.

I pointed at it in true horror and yelped.

“Ayato, what the actual fudge?!”

He sheepishly smiled at me, rotating the tip of his toes on the floor, similarly to a child.

“You know you love me, right?”

“No, I don't know. Now explain.”

He pouted. “I just dropped it in the mud while I was dusting it off. You told me to dust it off well and I tried my hardest, but somehow this small rug is such a sneaky one that it slipped off the clothesline, flew for a bit and fell right in the mud. It's not my fault!”

“Not your fault...” I muttered while shaking my head, but continued my cooking nonetheless. "Just leave it there, on the ground. I'll clean it after I'm finished with this."

“Sorry...” He came behind me, letting his arms wrap around my waist. He tucked his nose in the nape of my neck and sighed. “Can I help you with anything?”

I pondered a bit before answering.

“Yeah, vacuum clean the floor in the living room, please.”

“Will do!” He unwrapped his hands and started to walk away, before being stopped by me.

“Hey, hey! Where's my kiss?”

He grinned and pecked my lips before retreating. I smiled and went back for a kiss, but I abruptly pulled back, shocked. His grin suddenly switched to a mischievous one and I licked my bottom lip.

“Why did you bit me?!”

He shrugged while chuckling and left the room. I glared at him and promised myself to get revenge on him sometime soon.

“Make sure not to break anything!”

“Can't promise that, sweetheart!”

I clicked my tongue, but still continued my cooking, fighting the urge to go and kick his ass.

Whilst pacing around, balancing plates and seasonings on my arms, I briefly looked at the clock and, out of shock, almost dropped everything that I was holding. It's 3 PM already?! Everybody is going to come soon!

“AYATO!” I shouted, leaving all the things in my arms down on the counter beside the stove.

“Yeah?”

“IT'S 3 PM!” I proceeded to masterfully mix the food in the saucepan.

“So?”

My eyes bulged out of their sockets, stress levels being at maximum capacity by now. So, of course, as every engaged woman who so dearly loves her soon-to-be husband, I snapped.

“THE GUESTS ARE GOING TO COME HERE IN NO TIME. ARE YOU CRAZY? THE FOOD IS NOT DONE, THE LIVING ROOM HAS NOT BEEN DUSTED, THE RUG IS STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF THE ROOM,” I shouted, not minding the pain in my throat that I was going to receive in no time. “AND IT'S STILL DIRTY!”