Chapter 23 - You're worth the wait.

Warning: UNEDITED!

•Adaline's P.O.V

•°•°•°•°•

One hundred percent sure. That's what I was.

One hundred percent sure that Ayato told them about what I said.

'It's not my fault that your abs are deliciously lickable.'

Forty six letters. Ten words. A fucked up sentence made by my traitor mouth.

I want to kill myself.

Well, anyway...

I gotta pull my big girl pants up and go there.

I raised my foot and leaned it forward, only to stop it in midway. I retracted it back.

Uh...or maybe not.

But...

If you are a coward in life, you might lose everything.

I made a shyly and quiet step forward.

Oh, but for fuck's sake. I just lost everything —a.k.a my dignity— when I said that sentence to Ayato.

Forty six letters. Ten words. A fucked up senten-

Anyway, I'm getting off the subject right now. I need to go there. I'm not a coward! I'm Adaline! The strongest girl in the world! The smartest girl in the world! The...the...

Help me ,people!

Oh great, now I'm speaking in my head with imaginary people. Great. Just fucking great.

"Addy? Are you going to sit there all day and look at your shoes or...?" Jemima trailed off, making me snap my head up. Apparently, as I was speaking with the people in my head, I was looking at my scandalously fabulous shoes.

"Huh?" I furrowed my eyebrows, then ,after I processed her question, I shook my head ,and made my way shyly to her.

I avoided Ayato's intense gaze on me all my way there.

Something on the couch caught my eyes ,and ,before I could look to see who it is, I was engulfed in a hug.

"Yay! I'm so happy to see you again, Adaline!" A voice chirped happily. I smiled and hugged her back.

"Laila?! What are you doing here?!" I exclaimed ,surprised. She got out from the hug, and raised her eyebrow in a teasing manner.

"What, aren't you happy to see me?" I widened my eyes at her question.

"No! No, is not that! It's just that I'm surprised to see you here, that's all! Like-" I tried to excuse me by rambling, but she cut me off with her laugh.

"Don't worry, Adaline! I understand! We don't know each other that well, but I do know that we will make good friends," She smiled at me. "Well to answer your question we are here for Ayato's birthday."

I nodded my head, but then stopped abruptly. "Wait...we?!"

This time was Laila's turn to nod her head. "Yes, me, Noah, Tyron, Zach, Finnegan-" Laila paused, giving me enough time to send Jemima a smirk. From the blush on her face, I already know that Finnegan was her crush.