chapter 10 ! heartbreaks and songs

As if Lauren heard Y/N's heart break the green eyed girl turned to the girl who was staring at Camila with a frown and a sad look in her eyes. Camila glanced at the Y/N and then to the teacher who was coming through the door. The teacher sensing the tension looked at the group of kids who were in the advanced music class. Clearing her throat she glanced at Camila who timidly walked back to her desk and sat down. Y/N looked at the five girls who were giving her concerned look and willed herself not to cry instead she looked at her teacher and telepathically start the class. As if sensing Y/N's request she announced the project she had been telling the class about for the past week.

"Since there is an even 24 students get in either groups of 2 to 6 and find two songs that you can evenly distribute solos on. The grade comes from how good the solos are distributed and how much effort you put in. Minimal cursing." The teacher clapped her hands "Get to it."

Y/N raised her hand. "Can it be an original?"  As the teacher nodded and got to the work on her desk Y/N turned to the 4 girls with a small smile on her face songwriting was something she was good at and she had something she wrote last night when she couldn't keep her mind off of Camila and Justin.

"You 4 are obviously mine so I have a song I wrote yesterday that you can take a look at, you guys can come over after school my mom won't be home."

Lauren looked at Y/N with a raised eyebrow. "You songwrite?"

Y/N looked down with a small blush covering her cheeks and nodded "I'm not that good though."  Lauren was about to answer when she was cut off by 3 voices.

"She's lying she's amazing and I'm not just saying that because she's my best friend." Normani smiled at the girl, Lauren smiled as more compliments were thrown at the blushing and now widely smiling girl.

Y/N groaned. "I love you guys." Dinah reached over and pinched Y/N's cheek. "We love you two munchkin."

Lauren felt her heart beat faster as Y/N giggled she shook her head. Y/N was in love with Camila right?

----

4 classes later the 5 girls were on the way to Y/N's house. Walking into the house Y/N led them into a room connected to a bathroom and Y/N's room.

"So Lauren you've never been here but this is my writing room basically. My mom soundproofed the walls so I can play instruments without bothering her sleep." Y/N gestured to the desk chairs and multiple instruments that were scattered around the room.

"Make yourself at home like these pigs." Y/N laughed looking at the other 4 girls who were already sprawled all over the floor and chairs eating snacks. "I just need to get my songbook and god knows where that is. " Y/N walked out the room and immediately four heads turned to Lauren.

"Ralph come sit here we need to talk to you." Dinah called motioning to the beanbag resting next to Ally. Walking over Lauren flopped on the seat and turned her full attention to the four girls.

"So Lauren.." Ally started looking towards Normani and Dinah who looked back at her and shrugged. "Do you like Y/N?" Dinah spit out bluntly making Lauren choke on the chip she had just put in her mouth. After recovering from almost dying Lauren stared at the girls with her jaw dropped.

Flustered she tried to speak. "W-What no." After seeing the girl unconvinced looks she groaned. "Yeah, but she loves Camila so it's whatever."

Ally nodded. "She does but we've noticed some things."

Lauren glanced at Ally. "Like?"

"She's gotten very comfortable with you very fast. She's told and showed you things she didn't show us until she knew us for a good 4 or 5 months. You two are also very flirty." Ally laughed. "Don't think we haven't noticed."

Lauren groaned and leaned her head back. "What the fuck am I going to do?"

Normani looked at the Cuban with a soft smile. "Just roll with it Laur, you're smart."

As she said that Y/N walked into the room holding a tattered notebook with a smile on her face. "Found it."

Y/N walked over to Lauren and sat on her lap ignoring the three glances that came her way and her quickly blushing cheeks.

Sensing the questioning looks Lauren shrugged from behind Y/N. "She told me I was comfortable yesterday and who am I to deny?"

Y/N cleared her throat. "Anyway, I have lyrics but no beat or anything like that. So that's where I need your help." The three girls nodded and Y/N flipped to the page in her book showing it to them. The girls grinned at the amazing lyrics but soon frowned as the meaning of the song hit them. Deciding not to say anything the girls worked on the music until it was perfect in all five of their eyes. Going over the song one last time Dinah frowned slightly at the thought of what was going to go down in class tomorrow.

---
FILLER FILLER FILLER. The next chapter is very very angsty so prepare your Camila/You hearts for that and for my Lauren/You people the angst is coming for you too, you guys aren't safe 😉. Anyways thanks for reading cuties :)