Chapter Four - Suffering Plans

"Ne, Shin, why did you transfer from YG to SM?" Bam said with a cute, innocent smile.
"I don't know. I met really good guys there and YG was amazingly kind, but I guess SM is just closer to my heart." I replied, not wanting to go into detail about my crush.
"What do you mean?" Confused, he replied as if he needed to desperately know.
I laughed at him and his aegyo expression. "It's a long story, Hyung." I couldn't tell him I moved specifically to see Xiumin. I mean, I'm not sasaeng, I just wanted to work with him. And here I am now, sharing a dorm room with him! No way could I tell BamBam. Nope.
He sighed back, pinching my cheek.
"Yah!" I cried out, slightly jumping.
"Your skin is so soft!!! I'm gonna call you 'Softy' from now on, Shin!!" He seemed so pleased with himself. So I let him off the hook.
"Whatever." I laughed and poked his side.
Hm. I wonder what class Xiumin is in. Then it dawned upon me. He shared a dorm with us. He's in our class. Shit. As we approached the classroom, through the window I could see his familiar figure sitting in the seat next to the window.
"Psst!" I gave Bam a nudge. "Where do I sit?"
"Hmm. I guess in front of Xiumin? It's the only place left, really."
I internally face palmed when I heard that. He was going to hate me even more now. Possibly think I was a stalker, or worse, a sasaeng! Ugh! What do I do now?
I slowly approached my seat, sitting down, still carefully not exceeding the 40 decibel limit.
"Yah! Softy!" Bam called from across the room, waving at me.
I shyly waved back and got all of my stationary out of my bag, ready for the lesson. Luckily Xiumin didn't say anything, but I knew there was trouble awaiting when we got back to the dorm.
The teacher walked into the classroom. She was quite short, very pretty, and was wearing clothes that looked so fashionable they'd probably only just been taken off of the shelf. "Hello class!" She greeted us with a smile. "This is new transfer student; 'Shin'. He will be joining us through this long, hard journey to success! Make sure you're all friends with him and look after each other!"
I stood up and bowed, then returned to my seat. Across the room I could see BamBam clapping at me enthusiastically...whereas...on the other side of the room I felt eyes bearing into my soul from Xiumin's death stare. Let's hope this lesson goes well.