Chapter Thirteen - Best Friends?

Bam took me out shopping for the day with him. It was a lovely summers day, although the heat was smacking you straight in the face, there was a breeze from time to time.
"Does this suit me?" He pulled out a fluffy, red, woollen jumper from the rail and held it up to himself.
"Woah! That colour really suits you, BamBam! You have to buy it!" I was getting really enthusiastic. Bam did look good in that colour.
Giggling, he replied in a cute voice using aegyo. "I'll be right back, Shin!" He pulled out the same jumper in black too and took both of the jumpers to the check out.
After about five minutes he walked back over to me. "Here, Shin." He handed me the black jumper. "It's a present to...say thank you for being my best friend." Blushing, he pulled me into a tight hug. It felt like heaven...the way he smelt...as well as the touch of his skin sent shivers down my spine.
"Thank you, BamBam. Heheh! It's like couple jumpers!" Laughing to myself, we walked outside and back to the dorms.
"Let's head to my room first, Shin. I wanna put back my things before we head out again."
Nodding, we headed to his room. He then changed into his jumper and I changed into mine; so that we were matching.
"YAH!!! You look cute in that! It's a little big, but it'll shrink." He gave me a proud smile as we began to walk to my dorm room so we could drop off the things that I bought.
As soon as we got outside my dorm room door, he grabbed my arm, and looked at me with a serious expression. "Shin..."
"Wha-...?" I was so confused. After a nice day out, why was he displaying heartache in his eyes and seriousness in his frown?
"You know...I wanted to tell you something after Nationals...?" His voice was getting more and more wobbly as he spoke.
"Um...yes? What's the matter, Bam? Are you ill or something?"
"No...it's not that. I um...it's really important, actually." He put his hands on my shoulder, presenting an even more serious expression. "Shin...I like you."