Chapter Twenty Four - Surprise

1 YEAR LATER...

Sitting in my garden, I was on my laptop; looking for a new apartment to move to. Now, as a 20 year old woman, I was expected to be independent and capable.
Being a year since I left SM Rookies, BamBam was keeping me very well informed on the changes at school. He said that now, instead of being an all boys school, boys and girls could study there. He also spoke about having a girlfriend now and that Xiumin was doing well.
I spoke to and skyped Xiumin every day. In fact, I was now about to Skype call him. Every evening at 5pm, we would Skype each other...telling each other of how our day went, how much we miss and love each other, and our hopes for the future. Even though I physically couldn't see him...I still felt him with me everyday. In my heart.
"Sweetie, you have a guest." Mum called from the kitchen, a gleaming smile on her face. "I've sent him to your room, Shin. Make sure you're well mannered, okay?"
Nodding, I questioned my excited mother. "Who is it, Eomma?"
"You'll see. Just go upstairs and say hello."
It couldn't be...could it?! Was it him?! I really hope to god that it's him... Running up to my room, I opened the door to reveal the same serious expression I witnessed a year ago. I started shaking. Emotions had taken over my whole body. Falling to the floor on my knees, I began crying hysterically. "You came...!"
"Of course I came, you moron." Giggling, he walked over and picked me up. After holding me in his arms for a while he laid me down on the bed and laid next to me.
"I don't even know what to say, Oppa...You really came...I can't believe it...I love you so much...I really do..." Crying harder, I buried my face in his chest.
He began stroking my head. "Of course I came. I wasn't just going to say that and not come." Giggling, he leaned down to kiss my forehead.
"Is everyone okay? I mean teacher and BamBam...and-"
Before I could finish my sentence, Xiumin cut me off with a long and passionate kiss. I responded with equal passion. After what seemed like forever, Xiumin slowly pulled away and looked at me with a serious facial expression. "Enough about that, Shinee. We can talk about that all later, so stop worrying." He pulled out a small box from his trouser pocket and held it in front of me. "I've been meaning to do this for a long time now...I just wanted to wait until it was in person. I thought it'd be more romantic and meaningful this way."
"Xiumin, wha-?"
He cut me off again, clearly wanting to get out what he had been meaning to say for so long now. "Shinee...I want you to marry me."