Chapter 18 ♛ Teamwork

Adriana's Pov
I fix my hair and wash the blood off my neck and arm and wrap my arm so dirt can't get in.

I walk back to the room and nobody is there. I turn around and I'm taken into a hug. "I'm so sorry Adriana, I didn't mean anything I said. I should have pulled you onto the horse with me. I said those terrible things about you and you still sacrificed yourself for me and I'm sorry" he says and I know it's Peter.

"Peter" I laugh, I let go out the hug and look at him and he's crying. "Don't cry" I say looking at him.

"I'm alright" I assure him, "really."

"But you could have died a-"," but I didn't" I say cutting him off, I didn't want to hear a sad long apology. I want Peter to get his head on right.

"Adriana I want you to lead. I'm just going to mess things up" he says looking down to the floor.

"Then I want you and Caspian to help" I say and he looks back up at me

"But why?" He asks, "remember last time?" I ask.

"Teamwork Peter, that's what we're missing. If we work together we can do anything. You have great power, so does Caspian. But right now you two are using that power against each other, why not work together. If you put your power together you two could be un stoppable." I say and Peter is just looking at me.

"What about you?" He asks, "I have no power remember" I joke.

"I didn't mea-" "I know" I laugh.

"Guys" Edmund says running in, "you might want to see this"

Peter runs off leaving me and Ed. "What was he complaining about this time?" He asks taking my hand.

"Just about how he feels bad about what he said, and how I should lead and-", "what! Did you said yes?" He asks cutting me off.

"Yeah and Caspian and Peter are helping" I say.

"Be careful this time" he says and we walk to where everyone else is.

We walk out to the lookout ledge and I see the Telmarines! Their army is at least four times as big as ours, and they have catapults!

We don't do anything for a bit and they start to leave. Peter, Susan, Edmund, Lucy, Caspian, some others, and I go figure out a plan.

"That's your plan?" Trumpkin asks, "sending a little girl into the darkest parts of the forest alone?"

"It's our only chance" Peter says, "and she won't be alone" I say and everyone looks at me.

"No" Edmund says taking my hand into his, "plus we need our leader here" Peter adds.

"I'll go with her" Susan speaks up, "haven't enough of us died already?" Trumpkin asks looking at Peter.

"Nickabrick was my friend too but he lost hope. Queen Lucy hasn't" Trufflehunter says, "and neither have I" Reepicheep says.

"For Aslan" he says again holding his sword across his chest, "for Aslan" a bear says.

Then everyone looks at me again. "We need a plan of attack, just in case" Peter says.

I explain what we should do if we need to, our plan of attack and the steps. And not to brag, but I think it's quite a good plan. "But we need to hold them off until Lucy and Susan get back" I say.

"If I may" Caspian says and we all look towards him. He stands up and walks closer to us, "Miraz may be in title and a murderer. But as King he is subjected to the traditions and expectations of his people" he says, "and there's one in particular that may buy is some time."