Chapter 20 ♛ The Battle

Adriana's Pov
"Archers to your ready!" I hear Susan shout. Every second the Telmarines get closer and closer on their horses. I hear the Narnian horn go off and I know it's almost time. "Take your aim!" I hear Susan shout, I nod at Peter and Edmund.

"GET READY!!" Peter calls out.

Then just in front of us the Telmarines collapse into the ground, "Now!" Susan shouts and I see arrows fly through the air, and they shower down on the Telmarines.

"Charge!" Peter yells and we all run out towards them, and the other half of our army appears from underground and attacks from behind.

I grab a horse and get on. Every Telmarine that I pass, I swing my sword at them, I look over quickly and see Ed on a horse not too far away with a cross bow.

Then my horse collapses underneath me and I fall to the ground. I look back and see an arrow in it's side and I quickly get up and keep fighting.

The men are taller than be by a bit, they're all around 6'3" and I'm around 5'6" almost 5'7" but still they have a slight hight advantage.

A Telmarine runs up to me and I dodge his swing my ducking and then tripping him. He tries to get up but I swing my sword and he falls to the ground.

I look up and see what looks like to be another army of Telmarines coming our way! Their army is just too big, much bigger than ours.

Caspian points to the sky and gryphons fly out holding dwarfs with bow and arrows and they shoot from above. Then the Telmarines bring out a giant cross bow made for gryphons and they start falling from the sky.

I look back at Peter and Caspian and I think they're thinking the same thing as me, "back to the how!" Peter shouts and we all start running back.

Then rocks start hitting the entrance way and it starts to break, "stop!" I yell but it was too late for some and big blocks crumble to the ground on top of some Narnians.

I look up and see Susan slip and Trumpkin grabs her hand just in time, but she starts to slip. Then she falls and thankfully falls onto a big block so she's alright.

I run up beside Peter and Edmund runs up beside me. Susan comes and stands beside Caspian. We all look at each other and nod. Edmund grabs my hand and squeezes it, I look over at him and smile. I pull out my sword and Edmund throws the empty cross bow to the ground and pulls out his sword.

Then we all start running towards the battle. I kick a guy down to the ground then swing my sword, I spin and swing again. I pull out my other sword I have and swing both swords around and dodge the swings that come at me.

I duck and cut a guys leg, I see a Telmarine coming up behind Peter so I run and block his sword with mine. I hit hit his sword out of his hand and after a few swings then I swing my sword at his stomach and he falls to the ground. "Thanks" Peter quickly says and I hit his shoulder and I nod and run off.

Edmund's Pov
More and more Telmarines keep coming towards us, their army is so much bigger than ours. But I know we can win. I hope Lucy is okay, she's out alone in the woods who knows what could happen.

I swing my sword hitting some shields and some drop to the ground. It seems like when I one dies ten more come, their army never ends!

I see Caspian on the ground and a Telmarine holding a spear up to him. But then something grabs him from the ground! I look up and there are trees! "Lucy" Peter smiles.

A tree gets hit by a rock and it falls to the ground. Then another tree digs its roots through the ground and destroys the catapult. "FOR ASLAN!" Adriana yells and we all change at the Telmarines once again.

They all start to retreat, "don't let them get away!" Peter points at them and we follow them through the forest and we end up at the river. And we're tapped.

A/N- Sorry this part is kinda short, normally since it's the 'big battle' I would make it long but I'm making a separate chapter for when Aslan comes if that makes sense. I hope everyone's enjoying his fanfic so far and I'll update when I can. Thank you for all the reads and votes!!

Brianna🌸