Chapter 23 ♛ Goodbye

One week later

Edmund's Pov
I wake up and look and see Adriana is gone, I get up out of bed and get dressed for the day. I walk out of my room and the smell of food fills my nose and I run down the to eating area.

When I get there I see everyone sitting at the table. "No one bothered to wake me up?" I ask sitting in my seat, beside Adriana.

"Good morning" I say kissing Adriana's cheek and grabbing food.

"Get a room" Peter laughs, "I only kissed her cheek" I roll my eyes at Peter.

Then Adriana stands up and grabs her empty plate and walks off. She's been acting quite strange ever since the party and I don't know why. "Has anyone noticed that Adriana has been acting different this last week?" I ask out loud, maybe others have noticed.

"Yeah actually" Peter says chewing the last bits of food, "now that you mention it" he says.

"I wonder what's wrong" Lucy says, "I'm sure she'll tell us when she wants to" Susan says standing up. She's right, when she's ready she'll tell us.

"Come on Peter, we should go" Susan says walking past him and he stands up.

"Where are you going?" Lucy asks.

"Aslan needs to speak to us" Susan answers and Lucy starts to stand up, "just us Lu" Peter says and Lucy sits down, disappointed.

I finish and walk to the gathering everyone is having. When I get there everyone is already there and the villagers are coming in.

I see Peter, Susan, and Lucy standing on one side, Caspian in the middle, and some of our team on the other side of Caspian. But Adriana's with them, shouldn't she be standing with us? I push that out of my head and stand beside Lucy.

Peter's Pov
I now understand why Adriana has been acting weird for the past week. Aslan told Susan and I, that we're leaving today. We decided not to tell Ed or Lucy just for their sake, also they will come back to Narnia one day, Susan and I aren't. It makes me sad that after we leave, I will never be able to come back or see anyone here again. But we all have to grow up and leave our childhood behind.

Aslan also says Adriana is staying. I asked why and all he said was, "all things happen for a reason." I didn't really understand what he meant by that. I know she loves Ed, and Ed loves her but I don't know how long they can keep this up for. They see each other for a bit and then leave for who knows how long. Then Caspian starts to talk so I turn my attention to him.

"Narnia belongs to the Narnians, just as it does to man" Caspian starts, "Any Telmarines that want to stay and make pease are welcome to. But to any who wish, Aslan will return you to the land of our fore fathers."

"It's been generations since we left Telmar" a Telmarine in the crowd speaks out.

"We're not referring to Telmar" Aslan says walking forwards, "your ancestors were seafaring brigands. Pirates run underground on an island. There they found a cave, a rare chasm that brought them here from their world. The same world as out Kings and Queens" he says and the looks at Susan, Lucy, Edmund, and I, then over to Adriana on the other side.

"It is to that world I an return you. It is a good place for anyone who wants to make a new start"

For a moment no one spoke, people just looked around at each other. Then one of the soldiers spoke up, "I will go. I will accept the offer" he says, "so will we" Miraz's wife says as she holds her baby close and another soldier follows her.

"Because you have spoken first, your futures in that world shall be good" Aslan says and breathes slightly. Then the tree near us starts to spin until it turns into an each. They slowly walk towards it until they disappear, then people start to worry.

"Were did they go?" Some ask, "how do we not know he's leading us to our death" a man speaks out.

"Sire" Reepicheep says, "if my example could be of service u will take eleven nice through with no delay."

"We'll go" I say and everyone looks at me.

Edmund's Pov
What? We're going already? "We will?" I ask. But we can't go yet, we just got here.

"Come on" Peter says, "our time is up. After all" Peter pauses and walks over to Caspian and hands him his sword, "we're not really needed here anymore."

Caspian takes the sword from Peter and nods, "I will look after it until you return" he says.

"I'm afraid that's just it" Susan speaks up, "we're not coming back."

What?! We're not coming back?! "We're not?" Lucy asks.

"You two are" Peter says looking at Lucy and I, "at least I think think he means you two."

"But why?" Lucy asks looking like she's about to cry, "have they done something wrong? What about Adriana?"

She's right, what about Adriana? Is she ever going to come back? I wouldn't want to go to Narnia without her. "Quite the opposite dear one" Aslan says, "but all things have their time. Your brother and sister have learned what they can from this world. Now it's time for them to live on their own."

"What about Adriana?" Lucy asks again, Aslan then looks over at Adriana and she looks sad, "I'm staying here Lu" she says.

Lucy looks sad, so am I though. We have to leave, and Adriana is staying. I wish she could come with us, or we could stay. "It's alright Lu" Peter says putting his hand on her shoulder, "it's not how I thought it would be, but it's alright. One day you'll see too. Come on" he says.

We walk over to the others, a centaur, Trumpkin, Reepicheep, and Adriana. I say goodbye to Trumpkin and shake his hand then walk over to Adriana. I look into her eyes, I can see tears forming. "Do you have to stay?" I ask and she nods her head, "Aslan said it would be best" she quietly says.

"I'm going to miss you" I say, "I'm going to miss you too" she says and we hug.

I look into her eyes again, I don't know when I'm going to to be able to see her again. Then I press my lips to here. I'm going to miss being able to do that. "I love you" I say, "I love you too" she smiles but I know it's a fake one.

I walk back to Peter and Lucy, Susan walks over to Caspian. I can't tell what they're saying though. She started to walk towards us, but she turns around and kisses him then they hug. She walks back and we start to walk towards the tree. I look back at Adriana one last time, I can tell she's about to cry. I force myself to keep walking, I wanted to run back and hug her and never let go, then the surrounding changes from Narnia to the train station. I look back and the portal's gone. My heart aches, I hate not knowing when I'll be able to see Adriana again, or if I ever will.

The train whistle goes off and we grab our bags and run onto the train and the doors close and all that was on my mind was Adriana.

Adrianas Pov
I watch as they walk towards the tree, Edmund looks back at me one more time and I feel like crying. I don't know when I'll be able to see him next. Then they disappear. Everyone clears out and we walk back to the castle. "It's alright your majesty, they'll be back" Reepicheep says, "eventually" I say.

I hope they come soon.

A/N- SECOND MOVIE PART DONE!!! I'm so excited for the Voyage Of The Dawn Treader part! But then I think that after this last part the book is done *cries*. But yeah! I'm going to enjoy writing this and I have lots of ideas! Thank you to everyone for reading my book and voting and commenting! I can't even put it into words. Like 4K+ reads blows my mind!! So thank you thank you!!

— Brianna🌸