Chapter 44 ♛ Surprises

Adriana's Pov
Today Peter, Susan, and Lucy are visiting Edmund and he invited me. I don't know how I should feel. The last time I saw them we were close, but it's been years since then so I don't know what to think.

What if they don't like me anymore? What if they think I've changed? These questions have been running through my head all last night and this morning. Ed called and said for me to come over at 12:00pm so we can meet them at Harold's Café. It's now 11:30am so I change to my green polka dot dress and my normal black shoes. I put my hair in a low bun and grab my coat to walk to Harold's Cafe.

I walk down the cool streets of Cambridge with the wind brushing against my face. Leaves are starting to fall from the trees and crunching underneath my shoes. I turn the corner to Harold's Cafe and I walk in. "They're over there darling" Anne smiles pointing to a table my the window. I look over and see Peter, Susan, Edmund and Lucy sitting and talking. They've all grown up, especially Lucy. She's no longer a little girl. Edmund smiles and they all look over at me. "Adriana!" Lucy smile and runs up and hugs me, that has never changed.

"I can't believe it's you" she smiles, "I can't believe it's you" I copy.

I walk up to the table and Peter engulfs me in a hug. "It's amazing to see you again" he smiles and I hug Susan, "we've all missed you so much" Susan says.

"You remembered me?" I asked a little surprised. A small part of me thought they would forget me but they never seem to. "We could never forget you" Lucy smiles and I sit beside Edmund and he kisses my cheek.

"Keep it PG please" Peter jokes, "it was only her cheek!" Edmund says and we all laugh. That moment was perfect. We are all laughing and having a good time, like back in Narnia. It's almost like we were never apart.

"Edmund? Peter? Susan? Lucy?" a woman says standing beside the table. "oh mum hi" Edmund says quickly taking his arm off from around my waist. "Hi Edmund. And I don't believe we've met before" she says looking a me.

"I'm Adriana" I smile. This just got a whole lot awkwarder. "Hello Adriana. I see you've already met my children, especially Edmund" she says and I can tell she's just as confused.

"Yes well that's because she's my girlfriend mum" Edmund says and she nods, "and you've met my children before?" she asks.

"N- no this is the first time mum" Peter says, "than why did you say 'it's amazing to see you again'?" she asks.

This woman is like a detective, wow. "Ugh I ran into her at the store this morning and I remembered her so I said 'it's amazing to see her again'" Peter says trying to make it as believable as possible. "Alright" she says and I can tell she's a little suspicious.

"Well my name is Helen" she smiles and sits down at the table beside Susan.

"Welcome to Harold's Cafe" Harold smiles, "would you like a drink while you're waiting?" he asks.

"I'll have water" Lucy smiles, "So will I" Susan adds. "Root beer please" Peter says. "Just water" I smile, "a coke please" Edmund says, "and I'll have a water please" Helen smiles.

"Coming up" Harold says then walks away to the kitchen. "So Adriana how long have you and my son been dating?" she asks.

Great, now she's going to ask me a bunch of questions. What am I even supposed to say? I basically have to make up a story because I can't say anything about Narnia. Well I could, but it would probably make me sound like a total idiot. "We met on campus a couple months ago" I smile. I know he's been at the school for this whole year but I didn't want it to sound like we've kept a year long relationship away from her. "Oh you go to the same school?" she asks and I nod.