Chapter 45 ♛ Losing Your Memory

Adriana's Pov
I'm feeling kind of lazy so I decide to drive my car to Edmund's. Yes it's not that far, but if I drive it will take less time to get there.

I back out of the drive way and head to Edmund's. I'm so excited to catch up with Peter, Susan and Lucy! I haven't seen them in such a long time and seeing them again was amazing. It was like we were never separated for years. I wonder if they still think of Narnia. We couldn't really talk about it with their mum there. She seems really nice. It was a little awkward at first but nothing I can't handle.

I top at the 4 way cross and look both directions and there's no cars. I step on the gas to cross and the next thing I know, everything goes black.

Edmund's Pov
I felt so bad for putting Adriana in that awkward situation with my mum showing up. I totally forgot she was coming, and so did Peter, Susan, and Lucy. If we remembered they would have pretended they've never met her which would have made things so much less awkward.

But it's done I guess, not the way I pictured her meeting my mum, but it will have to do. "I can't believe you found her Ed" Susan smiles and I nod, "I can't believe it either" I say.

"She's still...... Adriana" Lucy smiles and I nod, "good thing mum likes her" Susan says and we all nod. If our mum didn't like Adriana, it would have been a big problem.

"Does she still talk about Narnia?" Peter asks and I shrug my shoulders, "occasionally" I answer.

We've had brief conversations about it but nothing more, but I know she remembers. Who wouldn't remember travelling to a magical land with mythical creatures? Fighting in wars against animals that people would only dream of seeing, going on a once in a lifetime adventure.

"I wish we could go back" Lucy frowns. She's always missed Narnia. Don't get me wrong, we all miss Narnia, but Lucy misses it the most I think. She's always talking about it, and about how she want to go back. But like Aslan said, "things never happen the same way twice".

"Did you call her Ed?" Susan asks and I nod, "yes not that long ago" I answer. I wonder what's taking her so long, she normally would be here by now.

I call her house but there's no answer. I call again but no answer. "That's weird she's not answering" I say and I can feel my heart beat increase. "Maybe we should walk to her house together ad see if we run into her on the way" Lucy says.

We all nod and grab our coats and head out the door to find Adriana.

We all look around for Adriana as we walk down the sidewalk but she's no where in sight. "Where could she be?" Susan says and then Lucy taps my shoulder. "Look" she says and we look to the right to see an ambulance, some police and 2 banged up cars.

"I wonder what happened" Susan says as we walk a it closer, "lets find out" Peter says and we walk closer.

I see some paramedics lift a girl into a stretcher and my heart immediately stops. That distinctive green and white polka dot patterned dress could only mean one thing. But it couldn't be, Adriana always walks to my place. "Ed what's the matter?" I hear Susan ask, "isn't that the dress Adriana was wearing at lunch?" I ask and all their faces drop.

We all run over and the police stop us. "I'm sorry you can not be in this area" he says and i still try to push by, "that might be my girlfriend" I say and he still holds me back from getting to her.

"I'm sorry but I can't let you past this yellow tape" he says as I still try to push past, "Ed stop we can drive to the hospital to see" Peter says but I shake my head.

"No I just want to see if it's her" I say and the police lets his arm down and I run over to the stretcher. I slowly lift up the white sheet that's covering the body, praying that it's not Adriana.