Chapter 40 ♛ Dinner Date

Edmund's Pov
I'm the luckiest guy on earth right now. I found Adriana. I never thought I would ever find her and I would die alone because I could never picture myself with anyone else. I never thought smashing a door in a persons face would be the best moment of my life. When she looked up at me with her beautiful blue eyes I froze. I thought I was dreaming, or hallucinating, maybe thinking about her so much I'm picturing her everywhere. When she said my name back it's like everything stopped. All I could think was 'I found her', and that's all that mattered.

Handing in my already late essay didn't matter anymore, Adriana mattered. Everything about her is a bit different, he hair is medium length, shorter than when I last saw her in Narnia, she's a bit taller, her facial features changed a bit, but in a good way, she looks more mature you could say. I look at her and she's even more beautiful. Every time I see her I think she can't get any more beautiful, but I'm always proved wrong. But I look into her eyes, her beautiful blue eyes I could stare at forever and just get lost. I look at them and see the 15 year old girl I met in Narnia. The 15 year old girl I saw come out of Aslan's tent and I almost fainted. I look into her eyes, and she's the same.

We walk down the street to the restaurant I found I love. It's not too far from the school, and I've went there many times. The man who runs the place is named Harold, he's very nice. "Harold's Cafe" she smiles and I look down, "you know this place?" I ask and she nods.

We walk in and the little bell rings as the door opens. I hold the door open for her and she smiles making me weak at my knees and she walks in and I follow behind. "Ah Miss. Adriana" Harold smiles, I guess she knows him, "back again" he says and I walk up beside her.

"Oh and Mr. Pevensie" he says, "back again as well" he says and I nod.

"I was going to introduce you but it looks like you already know each other" I say, "oh yes I've knows Adriana since she first moved here isn't that right?" He says and she nods.

"And I see you two know each other" he says and we nod, "yes ugh family friend" I say and we walk to a table.

"So you've been here today?" I ask and she nods, "around 1:30pm" she says, "oh that's around when I left" I say.

I watch Adriana as she looks through the menu, I can't help it. I've been away from her for about two years. I don't even know what we are, are we dating? Are we somehow considered married? Does she think that? I want her to meet my parents, it's been many years. Of course she doesn't have to meet Peter, Susan, and Lucy. But I guess they would have to pretend they don't know each other at first. "Getting Edmund" I hear and I snap out of my thoughts, "wha- huh" I say, "what are you getting?" she laughs.

"Oh um" I say looking down at he menu, "probably the meatloaf how about you?" I smile.

"I think I'll have the chicken soup" she says, "so how's Peter, Susan, and Lucy?" She asks.

"Oh they're great" I smile, "Peter is working in America he got a business job there, Susan is a nurse in America. Lucy lives with our Aunt and Uncle in London close to where I used to go to school" I say.

"That's great!" She smiles, "so how've you been?" I ask.

"Well I've been going to school, studying, nothing much really" she says, "what about your mom? Or dad?" I ask.

"Oh well my mom lives back in London near Cheshire in the country now with my dad. He's sick though, the doctors don't know what it is" her smile lowering, "oh I'm sorry I didn't know" I say regretting I brought it up.