Chapter 19 ♛ 'Till The Death

Adriana's Pov
I wake up and look around and I can tell some people are already awake and some aren't. I clean up a little so I look a little but presentable.

I walk outside and see some on the grass and some are practicing with their swords. I then hear someone above me on the lookout ledge so I decide to go up and see who it is.

When I get there I see Peter staring out to the field. I know he's worried, who wouldn't be? He took my spot in the one on one death match with Miraz. "Everything's going to be okay" I say waking up beside him, "I'm scared" he admits.

"It's okay to be scared" I comfort him, "I would be too."

"What if Miraz wins?" He asks, "he's not going to" I assure him.

"I know you can do it, I believe in you" I say, "all of us believe in you. If you believe you can, than you can do it" I say.

"Thank Adriana" he slightly smiles, "you're honestly the best" he then hugs me.

"Anytime" I smile and Peter and I walk down to the main level. "Peter they're here" Susan says walking up to him.

Peter nods and hugs Susan because she's now going out with Lucy into the forest. "You ready?" Edmund asks coming up on the other side of Peter, he nods and we begin to walk out.

All the Narnians are cheering as we walk out to the battle arena. On the opposite side of the field I can see the huge Telmarine army and they're also cheering.

I then see Miraz sitting on a chair waiting with his helpers by his side.

Miraz stands up and Peter takes the sword from Edmund. Then Miraz puts on his creepy face guard and pulls out his sword.

Peter and Miraz walk closer and closer to each other and everybody is silent. "There is still time to surrender" Miraz says, "well feel free" Peter offers Miraz one more chance.

"How many more must die for the throne?" Miraz asks, "just one Peter says putting his face protector on.

He runs up a rock and their swords and shields collide.

Both Narnians and Telmarines are cheering. Then Miraz pushed Peter back onto the ground with his shield and everyone gasps.

Thankfully Peter gets up and they keep fighting. "Ed?" I whisper, "hm?" He says looking down at me, "where's Caspian?" I ask he's supposed to be here.

He shrugs his shoulders and we go back to watching Peter and Miraz.

Miraz swings his sword and Peter ducks but then Miraz swings his shield and hits Petwrs helmet off his head.

Peter swings and cuts Miraz's leg and he lets out a cry and grabs his leg.

They charge at each other and Peter flips over and stands back up. Their swords hit a fire times and Miraz knocks Peter to the ground and steps on his shield and Peter lets out a cry.

'That's exactly what happened to me with a Minotaur last time we were in Narnia and Edmund saved me' I think to myself.

Miraz swings at Peter on the ground and he rolls and dodges the swings. Peter trips Miraz with his sword and he falls to the ground.

They both stand up and Peter is looking at something. I look over and it's Caspian and Susan! 'Where's Lucy?' I think. "Does his Highness need a respite?" Miraz asks, "five minutes?" Peter suggests, "three" Miraz says and Peter walk towards us.

"Lucy!" Peter says noticing she's not with Caspian and Susan, "she got through" Susan says, "with a little help" obviously meaning Caspian.

"Thanks" Peter says, "well you were busy" Caspian says.