Chapter 31 ♛ Dreams

Adriana's Pov
We thank Coriakin for his help and advice and leave the island and go back to the ship.

A couple weeks later

A couple weeks later, the waters become rough, big waves toss the ship with storms with thunder and lightning and lots of wind. It's been raining very hard for a while. Caspian, Edmund, and Lucy are inside. They told me to stay inside too, but I want to help.

When people look at me they don't automatically think 'strong', but I am. I'm helping pull the sail, making sure it doesn't go anywhere. Cold water splashes from the salty ocean blurring my vision, plus the rain coming down doesn't help. I changed from my 'Red Knight' clothes to regular clothes, I didn't want anything getting wrecked.

Then the rope gets caught around my left arm and it starts pulling on my skin. The force of the wind pulls the rope tighter and tighter around my arm causing it to break my skin and blood starts rushing down my arm. It continues to twist tighter and I let out a scream and men rush towards me to help get it off.

It's getting tighter and tighter by the second and it makes it harder for them to get it off my arm. But finally after a minute or so they finally got it off. Any longer and I could have lost my arm, it's already damaged pretty badly. Drinian takes me inside to find Caspian.

"Caspian" he says opening the door. In the room was Edmund and Caspian. They both look at me and rush over, "what happened?" Edmund asks, "the rope" I answer, "it- it got caught" I manage to say.

It surprisingly doesn't really hurt. The only reason for that is because it's cold and it numbs the pain and also I know the pain will come later on.

Caspian brings me over to another room and Edmund follows. He cleans off all the blood revealing the rope burns and cuts all over my fore arm, I cringe at the sight. "Does it hurt?" Caspian asks and I shrug my shoulders.

I'm holding onto Edmund's hang with my right hand. Luckily the it's my left arm that's wounded, not my right. I can probably still use my sword because I'm right handed.

Caspian then brings out a bottle of green liquid, I know what it is. It's an oil from a rare plant that speeds up the healing of wounds, I've used it before and it stings, even just on a small cut. I can't imagine how bad it will sting for this. I give Caspian a look, I know he knows I hate this stuff, "I know, but it will help" he says and puts some on a cloth.

I look at Edmund and he nods, "just squeeze my hand, don't scream" he says and I nod and close my eyes.

Then I feel a rush of pain run through my arm and I close my mouth so I don't scream and I squeeze Edmund's hang. "AHHH" Edmund yells and I let go, "oh, sorry" say as Edmund shakes his hand.

Caspian then wraps my arm with a large bandage. "There, it could be alright now" he says and Edmund and I stand up. "Thanks Caspian" I smile.

"It's getting late, we should get some rest" Caspain says. We all agree and head off to bed.

I'm walking around deck on the Dawn Treader, it's like any other day. Caspian is taking to Drinian, other crew members are working and some are resting. I start to look around for Edmund and Lucy, but they're not on deck so I decide to check rooms but they aren't there either. Maybe Caspian knows where they are so I walk up the stairs towards Caspian and Drinian.

"Caspian" I say and he turns around, "oh Adriana! Good morning" he smiles.

"Do you know where Edmund and Lucy are? They aren't anywhere" I say and Caspian gives me a funny look, "who's Edmund and Lucy?" He asks.