Chapter 27 ♛ The Lone Islands

Edmund's Pov
We start to get off the boats, I let Adriana get off before me. She steps before me and Eustace tried to get off at the same time and tips the boat making Adriana fall but I catch her, "thanks" she smiles, I've missed her beautiful smile.

I glare at Eustace and he stands back up and walks behind me to get off.

We all start walking up the steps, "come on jelly legs" Reepicheep says holding out his small hand/ paw (whatever mice have lol) for Eustace.

"I'm quite capable of doing it myself" he says and immediately falls on his face and I just roll my eyes.

"You're sure he's related by blood?" Caspian asks, I just shrug my shoulders and Lucy looks at Eustace with a disappointed look.

We keep walking then a bell goes off and I immediately protect Adriana and pull my sword out. I guess it just comes naturally. Caspian holds up his crossbow and points it towards the bell. "Reepicheep, stay here with Drininan's men and secure the place" he says, "we'll head on, if we're not back by dawn send a party."

Adriana's Pov
I smile on the inside, Edmund pushed me behind him when the bell rang. Maybe he still has feelings for me, or maybe it was just a friendly protection.

I clear my mind of it and grab my sword and walk forwards. Of course Eustace had to tag along, I don't really have a lot against him. He's just annoying sometimes, I don't know how Lucy and Edmund live with him.

The streets are empty, it looks like people haven't been here for a while. "Looks like no one's in here do you think we should head back?" Eustace says and we all look back at him.

"Do you want to come here and guard....." Edmund says looking around, "something" he finishes.

There really isn't anything to guard. "Ah yes" he says running over to us, "good idea cousin, very logical" he says stopping in front of us.

We turn around and look at him, I sort of feel bad for him actually. He must be so confused, I walk over and grab a dagger from my boot and hand it to him and walk back to Caspian, Lucy, and Edmund. "I've got it, I've got it" he says, "don't worry." We all look back at him again.

"I wouldn't have trusted him with a butter knife" Edmund says and I slightly laugh.

We walk into a building, it's very dark so Edmund takes out his flashlight.

I look up and there are bells handing from the ceiling. "I'm ready to go when you are" I hear Eustace say from the entrance but I just roll my eyes and keep walking.

We came up son a book on a table, "who are all these people?" Lucy asks, "why have they been crossed out?" Edmund asks.

"Slave traders" and just as I said that, men come down from above!

"Look out!" Caspian yells and shoots and arrow at a man. I swing my sword and cut the rope and a man falls in front of me. Another man comes behind me and yells, I swing my sword and he blocks with his, then I spin and swing at his stomach and he falls to the ground. I kick a guy down and elbow another one, I was about to swing at another guy but then I heard a scream.

We all stop what we're doing, I look over and see a man holding my dagger up against Eustace's neck. "Unless you want to hear this one scream like a girl again, I say you should drop your weapons" the man says.

We stare at him as he walks closer to us with Eustace, "NOW!" He yells and I drop my sword and stare at him even more, "Eustace" I hear Edmund say sounding really annoyed with him.

"Put them in iron" the man says and other men come up to us and put cuffs on all of us, "get your hands off me" I say trying to break free but the man slaps me across the face, "Adriana!" I hear Edmund call out.