Chapter 32 ♛ A Dragons Treasure

Adriana's Pov
A couple more days pass as we keep sailing east looking for land. We find an island so Caspian, Lucy, Reepicheep, Eustice, Drinian, some of Drinian's men and I all get into longboats and go to the island.

"I doubt the lords stopped her my league" Reepicheep says from the other boat, "there's no sight of anything living."

"Right well, once we get ashore get your men and look for food and water, the four of us will look for clues" Caspian says referring to him, Lucy, Edmund, and I.

"Hang on you mean the five of us" Eustace says and we all look back at him.

"Come on please don't send me back to the rat" he complains, "I heard that" Reepicheep says from the other boat, "big ears" Eustace whispers, "I heard that too" Reepicheep says and we all laugh.

When we get ashore we unload the boats and explore the island. I don't know where Eustace went, we wanted to come. I just shrug it off and we walk around.

We come upon an underground cave and a rope going down, "look we're not the first one's on the island" Caspian says walking up and we all follow, "the lords" Edmund says.

"Could be" Caspian says. I pick up a rock and throw it down the cave to see how far down it goes, "what do you think could be down there?" I ask and we all try and look, "let's find out" Edmund says and we all go down one by one started my with me.

Once all of us are down there we look around. Over yonder (is that a word?😂) there's a pool of water and I walk up to it. I look in the pool and there's a good statue. "What's that?" Edmund asks walk up beside me, "it looks like a gold statute" I say and Edmund grabs a root and dips it in the pool.

It slowly starts to turn to gold and we all look in amazement. It turns to gold and gets closer and closer to Edmund's hand, "Edmund let go!" I say and he throws it into the pool.

"He must have fallen in" I say kneeling down near the gold statue, "poor man" I hear Lucy say, "you mean poor lord" Edmund says pointing to a shield in the pool.

I stand up and we walk over to him, "there's his sword" I say pointing over towards the left, "we need it" Caspian says and Edmund pulls out his sword and carefully takes it out.

"Your sword hasn't turned to gold" Lucy says and Edmund holds the sword up and I take it from him, "the swords are magical" I say.

"He mustn't have known what hit him" Lucy says looking at the gold man.

"Maybe" Edmund says, "or maybe he was onto something" he says putting his sword down.

"What are you talking about?" I ask and Edmund picks up a shell and dips it in the pool and quickly places it on the ground.

It turns to solid gold and he picks it up, "what are you staring at?" Lucy asks.

"Whoever has access to this pool, could be the most powerful person in the world" he says staring at it more.

"Lucy" he says look up, "we'd be so rich, no one could tell us what to do, or who to live with" he says.

Honestly he's starting to scare me a bit. He's not himself right now, it's like the pool has changed him. Tempted him. "You can't take anything out of Narnia Edmund" I say and he look over at me.

"Says who" he shakes his head looking back at the gold shell, "I do" Caspian says and Edmund stands up.

"I'm not your subject" he says holding his sword, "you've been waiting for this haven't you" Caspian says, "to challenge me, you doubt my leadership."