Chapter 46 ♛ Drunk

Edmund's Pov
"Please calm down sir" the doctor says but I can't. "W- what do you mean she can't remember anything?" I ask pacing back and forth rubbing my sweaty hands together.

This can't be happening. No, she can't forget. She can't forget me, Peter, Susan and Lucy. She's can't forget Narnia, our amazing adventures. "It's okay. It is possibly just the inflammation in her head from hitting it too hard, and it can cause some memory loss. She's perfect fine—", "fine?! How is she fine? Not being able to remember me — her boyfriend — or anything for this matter doesn't necessarily qualify as being fine!" I cut him off and Susan puts a hand on my shoulder to calm me down.

"Ed now's really not the time to—" Lucy starts but I walk over to the corner to calm myself down. This can't happen, she can't forget, she can't forget me.

We just found each other. I take a couple deep breaths and wipe away the tears from my eyes and walk back to Peter, Susan and Lucy who are talking to the doctor. "W-will she get better?" I ask and he gives a non reassuring look.

"Possibly. We would have to wait for the inflammation to go down and see what happens from there. It is possible that it is just temporary and it will slowly come back with time" he says and I feel a small weight being lifted off my shoulder. 'It might just be temporary, calm down' I think.

"Um I'm still here" Adriana says and we all look over at her in the bed.

"I think we should give her some time. Maybe come back tomorrow" the doctor says leading us out of the room, "if I may. Can I speak with her just for a bit?" I ask and he nods his head.

I walk up to her and sit down and she stares at me with those beautiful blue eyes, but they're not as bright as usual. "S- so you're my boyfriend?" She asks and I slowly nod my head, "and who were the other people?" She asks.

Assuming she's referring to Peter, Susan and Lucy I explain. "My brother and two sisters. Peter, Susan and Lucy" I answer. "W- were we friends?" She asks and I nod.

"Good friends. With all of them" I simply say, "w- what did we do?" She asks.

I don't know what to even tell her. She doesn't remember anything so I don't think I can just come at her with the Narnia story. She'll probably think I'm crazy.

"W- we all met at a..... A camp" I make up, "a camp?" She echoes and I nod.

"Y- yeah a nature camp" I say and I mentally smack myself. A nature camp? What the hell's a nature camp? "What's that?" She asks.

Crap! Think Edmund think. "We um.... Learn nature skills like building a shelter..... Making fire....." I trail off. This sounds totally fake oh my god.

"Like survival skills?" She asks and I nod.

"YES! Nature skills. That's what the camp was for. Nature skills" I say letting out a breath of relief, that sounds a bit more convincing. "What else?" She asks.

"We spent lots of time doing activities together like archery. It was fun. Really fun. Some of my best memories were from the camp" I say low key rambling on about Narnia.

I then look up and see that she's crying. "W- why are you- please don't cry" I say and she wipes away the tears.

"Sorry. It's just- you're saying all these things we did together and they sound so fun. But I can't remember. I can't remember any of that" she says and I take a deep breath.