Chapter 49 ♛ Pancakes and Familiar Voices

Edmund's Pov
I took the book and brought it into the spare room with me. I stayed at Adriana's because I don't want her alone in her apartment right now.

The book she has written is amazing! It's a book I would definitely buy if it was in a shop. But the thing that keeps coming into my head is how is she going to finish the book?

If she doesn't remember anything she can't finish. I've read the whole thing so far in one night, I stayed up. Adriana's an amazing writer! I never knew she could write like that. The way she uses the words just makes you want to keep reading and not put the book down.

I'm debating wether or not to show Peter, Susan, and Lucy. They went back a couple days ago, but they said they'll be back soon to see Adriana and all.

I would really like to show Lucy because it could help her. She's always missing Narnia, always talking about it too. I miss it as well, but it's all Lucy ever thinks about.

"What time is it?" I hear Adriana ask from behind me.

"Almost noon" I answer tuning around and hiding the book.

I don't really think she should see it just yet. Maybe it could help her remember Narnia if she read her book. But how do I tell her that it's real? How do I tell her that Ella Campel is her?

"I'm starving" she says grabbing her stomach and I laugh.

"Let's go get something to eat then" I say and slip on my coat.

"Where are we going?" She asks following me and putting on her coat too.

"Harold's Café" I say and we walk out the door.

"What is Harold's Café?" She asks as we walk down the street.

It's a shame she doesn't remember. I'm hoping it will spark some memory when she walks in given that she's been there many many times. "Just a café down the street we would always go to" I answer.

We walk up the few steps and into the building. "Mr. Pevensie nice to see you again! And Adriana" Harold says.

"How are you feeling love?" He asks her.

Adriana's Pov
I look over at Edmund and he nods. I feel terrible that I don't remember this man. He seems very nice. "Adriana this is Harold remember?" He says and I look at him.

Surprisingly, something in the back of my head remembers him. I don't know why or how, but I do. "Y- yeah. I think I remember" I smile and he shakes my hand and smiles back.

"Go ahead and sit down anywhere you'd like" he says and we walk over to a table for two.

I look to my right and I see a man. Yet another familiar face. I can't put my finger on it though. He's sitting my himself at a table for four, with a coffee, a blueberry muffin, and is reading the paper. "Adriana" I hear and I turn around.

"Hum?" I say because I didn't hear what he said before.

"Who's that?" He asks referring to the man I was just looking at.

"I- I don't know. He seems familiar though" I say.

I find it odd that I'm remembering these two men slightly but not Edmund. "Oh maybe he goes here a lot" he says and I nod.

I shake that thought out of my mind and I look at the menu. "You know what you're getting?" Edmund asks.

"I think I'm going to get pancakes" I smile.