Chapter 3

Klaus's POV

I say to my siblings, "I will give Rebekah my blood if you unchain me. I don't understand why you put me here in the first place, but I want out."

Elijah says, "This is what is best for you Niklaus, you need to stay here until you have your emotions back."

"Well then say goodbye to Rebekah, I think she has lived long enough."

"You know that won't kill her."

"You're right it won't, but I will keep her in my choke hold, gasping for air for as long as I need to. I want out of here Elijah."

My brother sighs, but unchains me. I release my hold on Rebekah and allow her to drink from my wrist. I whoosh up to my room and decide to rest for the night. I lock my door and put vervain on the handle. I fall asleep thinking of what I am going to accomplish tomorrow.

Caroline's POV

I decided it would be best to drive to New Orleans so I could have my car there. I left and thought that nobody is waiting for me to come home. Ever since my mom died and I found out Tyler slept with Hayley, I haven't really had any to talk to.

Stefan insisted we talk about my feelings, but I just couldn't with him. I did have a thing for him, but now I don't. Right after I got over him he decided then he would start having feelings for me and things haven't really been the same between us for a while.

I can barely look at Elena without crying. Every time I look at her all I can think about is Bonnie. She let Jeremy live and she died. It isn't fair, I know she loves Jeremy, but I needed her and she chose to die. I don't blame her I blame myself, I should have stopped her, but I didn't.

I guess it actually might be a good thing I am going to New Orleans, I just need to get my mind off my troubles back home. Even if that means I have to deal with an emotionless Klaus.

I decide to spend the night in a motel. I pull off and book a room. I put my stuff in my room and go down to the lobby. I spot a vending machine and put in a dollar. I punch in the code for the twix bar and watch it fall.

"Caroline?", someone behind me asks.

I turn around and instantly scowl as I mutter, "Hayley."