Chapter 38

Rebekah's POV

Damon, Elijah, Kol, and I are all sitting on the couch. Damon and I have an announcement to make and we are waiting for Klaus to come back with Caroline so we can tell everybody at once. The door flies open and Caroline storms in.

Kol asks, "Why is your chest all bloody?"

She ignores my brother's question and says, "Thank you all for letting me stay here, but I am going to be leaving so I am just going to go pack my stuff."

She starts to walk upstairs, but Elijah asks, "Why will you be leaving us Miss Forbes?"

She turns around and says, "Because I can't stand to look at your brother for even a second more. He had to think about whether or not to make a deal to save my life. He had to think about it."

Damon and I exchange glances and he stands up to say, "What do you even care Blondie? So what he had to think about a deal for your life? Let me tell you I did a lot worse to Stefan and he still loves me to the moon and back."

Caroline hesitates and Damon continues, "I don't think you are mad at him, I think you are scared that if you stay here, you will fall in love with him."

Caroline scoffs, crosses her arms, and says, "I am not."

Damon says, "Yes, you are."

"I am not."

At the same time, Kol, Damon, myself, and even Elijah all say, "Yes, you are."

She scoffs again and says, "Whatever I don't have to stay here anyways. Nothing is keeping me here and I don't know why I am still here." She turns and bolts up the stairs.

Elijah faces us all and says, "I think Miss Forbes is in denial."

Kol, Damon and I all say, "Me too."

"Who's in denial?"

I turn and see that doppelganger bitch, Katherine. I have her pinned against the wall in a second. I look down at her and notice that her shirt is also bloody in around the same spot as Caroline's shirt. Before I know it, I am pinned against the wall by someone.

I see that it is Klaus so I ask, "Are you really defending this back-stabbing bitch right now?"

He spits out, "I didn't really have another choice."

Damon interrupts us and says, "Rebekah and I are leaving to travel the world together."

Klaus is off of me immediately and has Damon pinned against the wall. I flash over to Klaus and throw him off of Damon. He lands on his butt and I grab him by his shirt and lift him off of his feet.

I whisper in his ear so that no one else could hear, "Lay a finger on Damon again, and I'll find a way to dagger you."

Caroline's POV

Okay, I so don't have feelings for Klaus, right? I bet spending so much time here has just messed with my head. I throw everything in my suitcase, I can just organize it later, but right now, I just want to get out of this house. I grab my purse and roll my suitcase behind me as I head for the door. I walk down the stairs and into the living room where everybody is at.

Klaus looks between my and my suitcase for a while until he finally says, "You're leaving."

We just stare into each other's eyes and I feel like Klaus is looking straight into my soul. I say, "Yes, I am."

He nods and simply opens the door. I walk out with my head held high. Apparently, I was holding my head too high because I ran into someone.

I look and see Elena, Stefan, and Bonnie. Elena asks, "Are you okay?"

I say, "Yes, but I was just leaving."

Bonnie says, "Perfect, Stefan wants to see some old friends in New Orleans, but the three of us are going on vacation."

I smile and say, "That is totally amazing, just a girl's trip, I like it!"

I start walking with all of them and Stefan says, "Well, I'd better get going, see you guys later. I'm glad you're okay Caroline."

We all say bye to Stefan and get into the car. I sit in the passenger's seat and turn to Elena and ask, "Where are we going?"