Chapter 32

Bonnie's POV

I ask her, "Abby, why are you in New Orleans?"

She says, "You can call me mom. I wanted to check up on my daughter, is that a crime?"

I say, "Well, you haven't checked up on me in a while. Last thing I knew, you left me and then I died."

She looks at me wide-eyed and asks, "You what?"

I say, "I died. You would think that as my mother you would know, but you weren't around and nobody knew how to contact you so I guess you didn't know."

She says, "Bonnie, I need to make sure you are safe. I want to be in your life, I want you to give me a chance."

I ask, "What makes you think I can just forgive you? You left me, twice!"

I am starting to grow frustrated with her. I want her to leave, but she is my mother and I want to get to know her. She says, "Please may I come in and explain myself? I want you to know that I only want what is best for you."

I say, "Fine come in, but", and I never get to finish my sentence, everything goes black.

When I come to I realize I am in a moving car. I am in the backseat and I see Abby driving in the front. I ask her, "What did you do?"

She says, "I promise, what I did, I did to protect you."

I ask louder, "What did you do Abby?"

She sighs and says, "They gave me an offer to save your life, so I took it."

"Who gave you an offer?"

We make eye contact through the mirror and she says, "You need to understand, they were going to kill you, but if I did this, they said they would spare your life."

I say, "Please continue."

She says, "Marcel approached me and said about how he needed to kill you. He said though that I could save your life. First off, I had to get invited into the house. Then, I gave you some herbs to knock you unconscious. I had to give them Caroline and they said they would let you live. I found her and she was sleeping. I snapped her neck and put her outside. Marcel came to collect her. He let me take you far away from this all since I gave him Caroline."

I ask her, "So you just left Caroline for dead?"

She pauses and says, "Yes, I guess I did."

Klaus's POV

"WHERE IS THAT WITCH?" I ask to no one in particular.

Elijah says, "Maybe, Marcel had her relocated for safety issues and didn't tell his vampires."

"Or", Kol says, "there was never a witch and that girl lied to you or she told you the wrong place or the witch has cloaked herself or"

"Enough Kol, I get it.", I interrupt him.

Elijah says, "I am going to text Rebekah and tell her to bring Marcel to our mansion."

I say, "Let's go home and meet her there then."

We get in the car with Elijah in the driver's seat. Kol yells, "Shotgun."

I get in the back and my phone starts to ring. I see it is Rebekah's number so I answer it and say, "What couldn't wait until I got back to the house?"

I hear a man's chuckle and a voice say, "This isn't Rebekah, she is taking a nap."

"Marcellus, what did you do?"

He says, "I had someone shove a dagger in her heart for me. Then I went to your house and collected a sweet little blonde. I will tell you, two blondes both unconscious in my bed, pretty hot."

I freeze, he has Caroline and my sister. I know my brothers are listening to the conversation, since they have both fallen silent. I say, "Touch a hair on either of their heads and I will kill everyone who has ever had the displeasure of meeting you."

He laughs and says, "Now if you do that, I will just have to kill them, well, the one of them that can be killed."

I ask him, "What do you want?"

He says, "I want you to pack up your family and leave New Orleans, for good."