Chapter 8

Klaus's POV

Elijah insisted that he will take me out for apology drinks, he says I have been through a lot and he wants to start being a good big brother about it. I figure, free drinks, so I'll go.

We walk there and I spot my minion Josh in the crowd. I watch him get pulled into the alley by some blonde when I realize where I have seen those curls before, Caroline. I run to the alley and see them making out. I feel everything rush back to me so I focus on one thing, jealousy.

I throw Josh off of Caroline and start to beat him. I completely tune out everybody else and just beat him with all I've got. When I figure he had had enough, I snap his neck. I turn around to see Caroline staring at me blankly and Elijah staring at me horrified.

I start to feel everything and then I realize what I made Caroline do. I made her turn off her emotions and then take vervain. I grab Caroline and flash us to the house. She yells at me to put her down, but I am much stronger than her so she eventually gives up.

 I carry her  down to the basement and put her in a room that we usually use to torture people. I say, "You can either turn on your emotions or we will have to drain the vervain out of your system and then compel you to turn it on."

She just scowls at me and says, "Why would I want to turn my emotions off when I am so much better without them?"

"Darling trust me, you are way better with your emotions on."

"You know, with my emotions off, I would totally allow you to have sex with me."

I smile at her then lock her wrists to the chains on the walls. She says, "You'll never be able to hurt me to bleed the vervain out of my system because you can't stand hurting me." As if it is some big surprise.

I smile at her and reply, "You're right I won't, but Rebekah will."