Chapter 21

Caroline's POV

We are all gathered and Bonnie says, "How about Caroline and I go in to create a distraction and you three go get Elena?"

I nod and say, "Sounds good to me."

Kol shakes his head and Klaus says, "You two will be killed."

I say, "Bonnie can take people down with her magic, we will be fine."

Now Klaus shakes his head and Damon says, "That is a terrible idea Blondie, Elena would be pissed at me if I got her two best friends killed."

I sigh and say, "Anybody got any better ideas?"

Kol says, "I will create the distraction since I can't be killed and you four will save precious Elena."

Nobody says anything against it so I suggest, "We should split up to cover more territory."

Bonnie says, "I'll go with Damon." She probably can't stand Klaus and nobody would let Bonnie and I go alone so I just nod in agreement.

There is only one building on the block so Kol walks right in the front door and Damon and Bonnie head for the back.

I jump up onto the roof and Klaus follows me. There is a door, but it is locked. Klaus says, "Step aside sweetheart."

I do as I'm told and he kicks the door in. I step over the door and try to listen for Elena. I hear her whimpering and start walking quietly towards the stairs. I tiptoe down the stairs and hear Klaus coming behind me. I hear Kol yelling about something, but I just keeping walking until we are in some kind of basement.

I only see one door at the end of the hallway so I run to it. I open it and see Elena tied to a chair with vervain ropes. I rush over to her and start to untie her even though it stings a whole lot.

Once she is out I say, "Come on, let's get you some place safe." I put her arm around my shoulder and we start walking up to the roof.

Klaus sighs and whispers, "I will carry her, that way we can be out of here sooner."

He takes Elena from me and flings her over his shoulder. He starts running up to the roof and I follow him. We whoosh back to the car. He sits Elena in his back seat and she whispers to me, "I'm sorry Care.", then she falls unconscious.

Klaus's POV

Caroline turns around and says, "I'll be right back, I need to go get Damon and Bonnie."

I grab her arm and say, "You aren't going anywhere."

"Well I can't just leave my best friend in there!"

I sigh and say, "I will go get them and you will stay here with Elena okay?"

She says, "I guess since you won't let me go."

I smile and whoosh off to the eldest Salvatore and the Bennett witch. I grab their arms and say, "The doppelganger is saved, you two leave and I will retrieve Kol."

Damon grabs the witch and flashes out of there. I walk into the main room where I say, "Kol what are you doing here?"

I hear the Salvatore's car starting and the four of them driving away. I smile to myself now that Caroline is safe.

Kol says, "Didn't Marcel take a dagger from us?"

I wonder what Marcel wanted with a doppelganger, but I say, "No Kol, I have all of the daggers ever created, now let us go home."

I turn to Marcel and say, "Brothers, can't live with them, can't live without them."

Kol and I walk off to the car and once we are out of earshot I say, "Good thinking blaming Marcel for having a dagger you are a wonderful liar."

Kol shrugs and says, "I've had a lot of practice."