Chapter 4

Caroline's POV

"What are you doing here?", I ask Hayley harshly.

She says, "Well the people I was living with kind of kicked me out so I don't have anywhere to go. I have been on the road for a while then I realized I left my wallet."

I sigh, "I am probably going to regret this, but do you want to stay in my room for the night? Just for the night."

She smiles, "Yes but you should know I now have a baby."

"That's fine just don't try to wake me up." She smiles at me and I grab my twix bar and show her to the room. There is only one queen bed so we have to share. She sets up a pack and play while I find something good to watch.

She takes the baby out of her car seat and I go get in the shower. When I get back they are both sleeping. I turn the TV off and change into a tshirt and some pajama pants. I lay down and try not to disturb my two guests.

Kol's POV

I can't believe Nik would hurt Rebekah. Of course he has emotions off, but family before all, right? He would have never done that if he still had his emotions. This Caroline girl is coming, but I haven't met her personally before. When I was on the other side, Bonnie told me all about her.

For some reason we could see each other, but we couldn't see anybody else. When my family brought me back, I couldn't see Bonnie anymore. I feel bad for her, she is probably watching people right now, all by herself.

If I could just see her one more time, I think. I turn over on my bed and see her laying by me. My eyes widen in surprise and she says, "Can you see me?"

I nod and she gets up and starts jumping up and down. I ask, "How can I see you?"

"Well", she starts, "Since you have died you can see people on the other side as long as you want to and as long as they want to."

"So nobody else can see you?"

"Not unless they have gone to the other side."

I smile at her and say, "You know Caroline is coming over?"

"Yes, I was wondering if you would tell her some things for me when she got here."

"Of course", I say smiling, "anything for my favorite Bennett."