Chapter 39

Caroline's POV

I look to my left and see the beautiful sky. The world looks so tiny and all of the people look like ants. Elena told me that this is how the world looks when you are in an airplane. I have never been in one before, so I didn't really know what to expect. I look to my right and see Bonnie sleeping on Elena's shoulder.

Elena whispers to me, "Are you as excited as I am?"

I whisper back, "Yes! I can't believe we are all going to London together!"

Bonnie wakes up and asks, "Are we there yet?"

We both laugh and I say, "Almost Bonnie."

The plane lands and we all go into the hotel. I talk to the lady behind the desk and compel her to give us a two bedroom suite, the biggest they have. Bonnie takes the king bed in the one room, and Elena and I each take a queen in the other. We all agree to go sight-seeing tomorrow. I put on my pajamas and climb into bed.

I can hear Bonnie taking deep breaths in the other room, so I know she is fast asleep. I lay on my back and stare at the ceiling. I let my mind drift off. Am I really mad at Klaus? Or am I just scared of my feelings for him? I mean, I did kiss him. That was only because I wanted to thank him for saving me right?

I am pulled from my thoughts when Elena says, "What are you thinking about?"

I sigh and turn over to look at her. I say reluctantly, "Klaus."

She asks turning to look at me on her bed, "What about him?"

"Well, I may or may not have feelings for him, but he has done terrible things to all of us, you know?"

"Look, I was the same way with Damon. He did lots of bad things, but love conquered all. Well, at least I thought it did until he ran off with Rebekah, whatever."

I ask her, "How are you doing with the whole Damon thing anyways? I know you had deep feelings for him."

"I just thought that some guy liked me for me, you know? Matt only dated me because we started out friends and had to see if we could be more. Stefan only came after me because I look like Katherine. I thought that Damon was different. I thought he wanted to be with me because he liked me, but it turns out that he didn't like me enough. I think Damon and I were never meant to be. I hope that Rebekah and him are happy together."

"No, you're not.", I say knowing that she loved Damon with everything that she had. "How about tomorrow we have a day of shopping to get our minds off all of this boy drama? Just me, you, and Bonnie."

Elena says, "That would be awesome."

I go to say goodnight to her, but it comes out as a scream as I feel a horrible pain in my shoulder. Elena hovering over me is the last thing I see before I black out.

Klaus's POV

"Remind me again why we have to do this bloody spell in the middle of the forest?", I ask.

"Well", Davina starts, "I have to draw power off of the full moon and this spot works the best. We are away from the city so I can see it, which helps me channel it."

''Yeah whatever", Katherine blurts out, "I just want this stupid spell done so I don't have to be linked to Miss Mystic Falls anymore."

I mumble, "When this is over, I would not make me mad if I were you, Katerina."

She gulps and says, "We'll see."

Davina orders Katerina to stand in the middle of a circle of dirt. Davina begins chanting and I hear something move. I turn my head and see nothing. I look over to Davina and see she is mumbling things I can't hear. Her eyes way back in her head and she is on her knees with her hands outstretched.

I hear a howl, and then it clicks. We are in a forest, on a full moon. Werewolves must be everywhere. I just have to keep Davina and Katerina alive long enough for the spell to take place. I see a wolf stalking towards Katherine and I snap its neck. I don't really want to harm the wolves, it could have been me.

I another flashing towards Davina and snaps its neck. I hear a scream and see the doppelganger on the floor passed out with a wolf above her. I snap its neck and hear Davina say, "The spell is complete."