Chapter 33

Kol's POV

We finally get to the house and Nik tells me, "Find the Bennett witch and have her do locator spells on Caroline and Rebekah."

I say, "Now, she would have an even bigger target on her back if she did that."

He says, "We will protect her, but we need to get Rebekah and Caroline back."

I sigh and say, "Fine, but if she gets killed I will find a way to dagger you."

I search around the house, but I can't find her. I check every room and still, nothing. Marcel probably took her. Why wouldn't he? Wait, if he came to get Caroline and she was inside the house the only way he could get in was with an invitation or if she was, no not possible, I will just push that thought out of my head.

I call her and it rings forever. She finally picks up and says, "Kol, I am glad you called."

I ask her, "Where are you?"

She says, "I am in some hotel lobby in the middle of nowhere with Abby. Marcel manipulated her. I invited her in the house and she gave them Caroline. I would have done something, but she knocked me unconscious."

"Why would she hand over Caroline?", I ask.

"Well, she gave them Caroline because now they aren't going to try to kill me."

I say, "That's amazing, but now he has Caroline and Rebekah and we have no idea where they are."

She says, "I can do a locator spell on Caroline when I get back to Mystic Falls, but that might be a while. My mom is making me stay the night in a hotel with her. I will probably be back sometime tomorrow afternoon and I can go to her house and get her hairbrush to do the spell."

Elena's POV

I knock on the Salvatore's door. Stefan opens it and I ask, "Is Damon here?"

He says, "No I think he is at the Grill." I huff in annoyance and he asks, "Why is something wrong?"

I say, "Caroline, Bonnie, and Rebekah aren't answering their phones and I don't know what to do."

He says, "Well how about we go to New Orleans?"

I smile and say, "Yes, I think we should go to New Orleans. We will leave first thing tomorrow, I will go tell Damon."

"I don't think that is the best idea."

I ask him, "Why not?"

"Well", he starts, "He and Rebekah used to have a thing."

"Yes, but so did you and Rebekah. Plus, if they had a thing, I think it would have came up by now."

"I don't know everything, just let me explain what I know."

 "Fine, but I still think we should bring Damon to New Orleans with us."

"I put it all together when Klaus undaggered Rebekah. I knew Klaus could compel people so I figured Rebekah could too."

I ask as I sit on the couch, "Did Rebekah compel Damon to be with her?"

He says, "I don't know all of the details, but I do know some bits and pieces. Damon would write me all of these letters about this wonderful girl he met, named Rebekah, he said he was thinking about even forgiving me for turning him into a vampire. I, of course, was very excited so I planned everything and headed out to find him. It took me a few weeks to get there and when I did, he still hated me. I asked him about Rebekah, but he had absolutely no idea who I was talking about. I figured Damon was messing with me so I left, but I thought about it all the time. He never once admitted he pranked me, and trust me, he likes people to know when he succeeds."

I ask, "So how did you figure everything out?"

"Like I said, when Klaus undaggered Rebekah, I had some suspicion. She looked just like the girl Damon described her as. When Klaus gave me my memories back, I realized that she probably took away Damon's memories for some reason."

I say, "Now we are definitely going to New Orleans."