Chapter 26

Klaus's POV

As I am walking to my room I hear a blood curdling scream, Caroline's scream. I flash to the sound and see Caroline in the corner of her room huddled in the corner.

"WHAT'S WRONG?", I ask looking for any signs of danger.

She says, "There is a spider on my bed."

I sigh and say, "Caroline, I thought there was a real danger."

"THERE IS A REAL DANGER!", she screams. "NOW KILL IT!"

I laugh quietly and say, "You want me to kill a spider?"

She says, "Yes now do it before it disappears!"

I grab her shoe from the floor and she says quite loudly, "Don't use my shoes to kill that demon."

"Fine.", I say as I go to the bathroom. I grab some toilet paper and walk back to her bed. I squish the small spider with the toilet paper and walk back to the bathroom. I throw it in the toilet and flush it.

I walk into her room to her now putting on some boots as she is sitting on her bed. I say, "All safe and sound."

She blushes and I feel my heart flutter. I love seeing her blush, and knowing I caused it is a huge ego boost.

She says, "Thanks for killing that spider for me."

I say, "Anything for you, love."

I walk out of her room and into mine. Caroline always makes me feel like an insecure teenage girl. I can't believe that a baby vampire makes me feel this way, but not just any baby vampire, no, this is Caroline Forbes, the woman of my dreams.

Caroline's POV

I am waiting for Rebekah by the door when Bonnie walks up to me. I say, "Hey, have you talked to Elena in a while?"

"Yeah", she says, "I actually just talked to her, she says that Silas hasn't made a reappearance yet, which is good."

I say, "He could have made a reappearance, they just don't know that its him yet."

Rebekah walks in and asks, "Ready to go shopping Caroline?"

I say, "Yes, sorry you can't come Bonnie, but if Marcel knows that you are still in the city, it won't be very pretty."

She says, "Yeah well, stay together and be safe. Make good choices!"

We smile at each other and I walk into Rebekah's car and get into the passenger's seat. As she starts the car and backs out of the driveway she asks, "So what was Klaus doing in your room earlier?"

I smile and say, "Nothing."

"Caroline I know it obviously wasn't nothing."

"Fine", I say as I sigh, "I kind of screamed so he kind of came into my room to see what was wrong and I kind of sort of made him kill a spider for me."

She laughs and I ask, "What's so funny?"

She says, "If anybody else had asked Nik to kill a spider he probably would have killed them. I know if it was me he would at least snap my neck."

I say, "That's not true."

"Deny it as much as you want Caroline, but you and Klaus have some sort of connection. I have only seen him love on other girl before in his thousand years. I truly do think that you are the one for him."

I ask, "Do you really believe in soul mates?"

She gives a small smile and says, "I used to. I met this man about 1895 and I thought that we were made for each other. I had fallen in love many times before, but this time it was different, something just seemed different. Then it turned out he had strong feelings for another girl, I didn't know her at the time, but now I do. I compelled him to forget that we ever met because I never wanted to see him again. I stopped thinking about people being made for each other, until I saw you and Nik together."

I ask, "Who is this guy?"

She says, "Not telling."

"Is he a vampire?"

"Yes."

"Do I know him?"

"Maybe."

"Stefan?"

"Nope, met him in the 20s."

"This Marcel dude?"

"Nope, he is an absolute jerk."

"I don't know please tell me who it is!", I beg.

She just says, "Never, now stop guessing it is getting pathetic."

I slump down in my seat. Okay, he has to be a vampire, he was in love with someone else, and he has been around for quite some time. I apparently know him, but I don't know that many old vampires. The only ones I know are, wait, oh my gosh it couldn't be, could it? I mean him? Him? Of all people, him?