Chapter 12

Caroline's POV

Bonnie walks in and flops down on the bed.

"Rough day?", I ask.

"Well", she says, "the spell was really exhausting and Kol is annoying."

"Well how do you enjoy being alive again?"

"A whole awful lot.", she says smiling. After a while she falls asleep so I tuck her in and decide to go do the same. I change in some pajamas and fall asleep instantly. I wake up and hang out with Bonnie basically just in the hotel room for the day. I decide to go out around seven, but Bonnie says she needs to rest so she will stay here. I shower first and put on a purple dress where the straps cross to opposite shoulder. I goes to a little above my knee. I blow dry my hair and curl it. I put on some makeup and grab my purse.

I go to the bar I went to with Rebekah when I had my humanity off. I'm pretty sure Rebekah compelled the bartender to forget, so I should be safe. When I get there I order and wait for my drink. Someone sits down beside me and I turn and see Marcel, the jerk I met in the lobby the other day.

He says, "You know, I could show you the city if you like."

I try not to scoff and say, "Thanks, but I don't really need a tour guide."

He smirks and says, "You better be careful who you cross in this city, some people can be very dangerous, Caroline." He turns and leaves. Once I get my drink I throw my head back and gulp it down. I pay for my drink and leave the bar.

I am really hungry for blood so I figure I can just compel someone and just drink a little, I mean, I am the master of control. I look around trying to find a good person. I pick out several vampires in the crowd, so I steer clear of them. I finally find a girl who has brown hair and blue eyes. I compel her, "Follow me."

I walk into an alley and compel her, "Don't make a sound."

Just as I am about to sink my fangs into her neck I hear someone say, "I wouldn't do that if I were you."

I turn to look at the person and see a man, who looks about 40, with brown hair and blue eyes. He has one of those things that I always see Jeremy with when he is out hunting. I ask, "And why not?"

He says, "I'll kill you if you do."

I flash towards him and he shoots me in the shoulder with a wooden stick. I take it out and fling it at him, and it plants into his head and he falls to the ground, dead. I look at the girl and ask, "Do you know him?"

She nods and I ask, "How?" It looks like she wants to talk, but she can't. I compel her, "You can talk."

She says, "He was my dad." I look at the man in horror of what I have just done.

I compel the girl, "Go home and don't remember anything from this night. Your father left town and he is happy, that is all you need to know." She repeats the last words and walks away right over her father's body.

I realize now I am super hungry and I need to feed before I go crazy. I grab the first human I see and compel him, "Don't scream."

Elena's POV

I ask him, "What do you want with me?" The guy who sat by me on the plane vervained me and took me to his house where he tied me up, with vervain on the ropes, of course.

"And who are you?", I ask.

He emerges from the shadows and smirks. He walks around me a few times, as if sizing me up. I really need some blood, but I don't think there is any way I am going to get out of this and get some.

He says, "Well darling, I'm Marcel, and I want to know everything you know about Niklaus Mikaelson."