Chapter 6

Caroline's POV

I realize I have no idea where the Mikaelsons live so I pull up to a hotel and park my car. I walk in and compel myself a room. I walk up to my room and see a king bed with a red chair beside it. There is a balcony so I go on it and see the city. It isn't very lively, but apparently it comes alive at night.

I text Elijah and ask him what their address is. He texts me back immediately and I grab my keys and head to the lobby. As I am walking through somebody grabs my arm. I immediately know he is a vampire since he doesn't have a heartbeat. I am probably safe in assuming that he is older than me.

I ask, "Do you want something?"

"Only your name", he says seductively.

"I don't like giving information out to strangers."

"Well, I'm Marcel, now we aren't strangers."

I sigh and realize that he is still holding on to my arm. I say reluctantly, "I'm Caroline."

"Well Caroline, I'll see you around, please make yourself at home in my city." I just awkwardly nod and walk out of the hotel to my car. I type the address Elijah gave me into the GPS and head there. When I get there I am surprised at how huge their house is, I knew they were rich, but I didn't know how rich.

I get out and knock on the door. Kol opens it and says, "I am so glad your here, Klaus is going crazy."

"Sorry", I say, "I got held up by some rude vampire?"

"Chocolate skin and a crooked smile?" he asks.

"Yeah, why?"

"Because Marcel doesn't really get along with the Mikaelsons."

"Why?", I ask as I start to walk into the house.

"He stole the city from Klaus, he is apparently the 'King of New Orleans'." I nod and hear someone throwing things so I speed off to the sound. I gasp as I see Klaus throwing a lamp at Elijah. They turn to look at me and Klaus flashes over to me and pins me against a wall.

He says, "I bet you're here to get my humanity on, and that isn't going to happen." Before I can do anything, he snaps my neck.