Love Thing

The bus stopped at my former apartment building and I saw Roslyn sitting on the few steps that led to the building. She smiled and opened the compartment to put her bags inside.

"Are you okay with this?" Slash asked from beside me. I nodded quietly and continued to read an issue of Rolling Stone.

When Roslyn climbed into the bus, you could say it was awkward, but I was going to be an adult about it. I wasn't going to grab her hair and punch her straight in the face, nor was I going to give her the cold shoulder. I just smiled at her, said a quiet hi, then went back to my magazine just like that.

*****

After a few hours, we were still on the bus. Hell, I didn't even know where the hell we were going. Across the country? Or the whole world?

It was nearing 9 o'clock and everyone was getting uncomfortable! I mean, come on people! A bus should run out of gas sometime. Right?

"Slash, where the hell are we heading?" I yawned. I was laying in my seat next to Slash, who was lazily strumming a random tune on his guitar.

"I think...New York first." He yawned back. It's true, they are contagious. I stretched and closed my eyes.

"I'm gonna take a little nap. Wake me when we make a stop." I whispered to him. I felt him nod and continue playing a lick on his choice of an instrument.

I stood there on stage. A spotlight on Roslyn as she played the riff to a song that I've never, ever heard. Andy picked up a beat. I couldn't control myself. I grabbed the mic stand and started to sing.

"Father in heaven
To ease a fool's fool morning
And outside my window
And outside my pain
I see my little boy
My sweet love thing, yeah
My sweet love thing, yeah"

It came out like word vomit. What was I singing? No one I know wrote this, I certainly didn't write it. But it was damn good. The crowd seemed to like it.

"Father, yeah
Like my daddy once told me
He said, girl you gotta move fast
Yeah you gotta move on
Tonight's bell may ring
But it's not the real love thing, yeah
The real love thing yeah
Said sweet love sweet love
The real love thing, yeah

This time this time
Dancing just to stay
You'll get your romance
You'll never grace your dead
You'll never know
You'll never know me
You'll never know

But my sweet little thing, yeah
My sweet love thing yeah
Sweet love sweet love
Sweet love thing yeah

Your so sweet boy
Oh my love baby
Oh oh oh oooh"

"Kylie, babe.We're stopped for gas. C'mon move your legs a little." Slash's raspy voice whispered in my ear while I felt his plump lips kiss my cheek to help wake me up. I stirred and I opened my eyes.

"What time is it?" I whispered. I rubbed my eyes and began to stand up.

"It's almost midnight. We're in the middle of nowhere so we'll have to sleep on the bus for now." He explained. I sighed and nodded slowly.

"Okay. I'm gonna run into this gas station. You want anything?" I began to make my way to the front of the bus.

"Nah, I'm fine for now." He smirked before he sat down.

I walked into the harsh lighted gas station and went straight to the snack aisle. I picked up a bag of potato chips and then a bottle of water. I yawned and walked up to the counter.

"So this, and a pack of Pall Malls please." I muttered tiredly. The employee seemed to be just a teenager. Since when are kids working night shifts? I quickly paid for everything and walked back outside into the silent night.

"How're you doin' so far, Kylie?" I heard Duff asked from behind me as I opened up the brand new pack of cigarettes.

"Tired." I lightheartedly laughed while I lit the cigarette.

"I heard you humming a tune in your sleep." He laughed. My face suddenly turned a shade of crimson, but I tried to hide it under the street lamp post.

"What about it?" I chuckled I took a drag on my cig and blew out some of the smoke.

"Nothin' it was pretty good though. Did you come up with it." I always enjoyed Duff and I's talks. Afterall, he and Steven were the ones I was closest too.

"That's the thing. I don't know. It just played in my head. I have no idea if I came up with it unconscious, or if my mind is just tired." I sighed.

"Well, I'll tell you right now, I haven't heard something with that type of melody before. So if I were you, I'd write the lyrics, get a band together, and perform it before anyone else does." He instructed. We began walking back to the bus. I nodded walked up onto the bus.

"I was gonna do that. I brought my music journal along so I'll have to write that song down. Thanks Duff." I smiled before I sat down in my set. Slash was probably in the back, sleeping. We were all pretty beat.

The only people who were in the front was Steven, Roslyn, me, and Duff. Before the bus took off I ran back out to grab my suitcase to write that song idea.

A/N~ yay! More songs! So in this chapter it was Love Thing by Stillwater from Almost Famous (aka one of my favorite movies ever!)