Don't Shoot Shotgun

I lounged on the velvet couch in our dressing room. The riff and lyrics of Hotel California kept replaying in my head. Probably one of the most beautiful songs I've ever heard.

"I gotta piss." Andy said getting up and going to the bathroom.

"Classy." I chuckled picking at my nails. I stood up and looked in the mirror.

"I'm gonna take a walk." I muttered before walking out of the dressing room door. I sighed and walk towards the back entrance, or labeled as Artist's Entrance.

I pulled out my box of cigarettes and went to grab my lighter in my pockets. Shit. It wasn't there.

I sighed in frustration and went to throw the box of cigarettes back into my jacket's pocket.

"Need a light?" A heard a deep voice ask from the side of me. I looked to the source and saw Slash.

"Yeah." I chuckled grabbing the box once again and grabbed a cigarette. I held it to my lips and Slash lit it. I took a long drag and breathed out.

"Just you here tonight?" I asked leaning on the railing. Slash blew out smoke from his own cigarette before answering.

"No. Everyone's here but Izzy and Axl. They didn't feel like coming out." He shrugged. I rose an eyebrow.

"Sounds out of character of Axl. Izzy, not so much." I shrugged taking another drag. Slash laughed.

"Yeah. I guess they both got pretty shit faced last night." Slash said looking at me.

"I think we all did. With the exceptions of Andy." I chuckled dropping the cigarette to the concrete and stomping it out.

"Yeah. I think Steven has taken quite a liking to your friend Roslyn. He didn't stop saying her name in his sleep." Slash chuckled. I laughed.

"I can hear the wedding bells." I laughed. Slash laughed also. I heard some cheering coming from inside

"Shit! I'm gunna be late for my own gig." I laughed running over to the door, I stopped for a second and looked to Slash.

"Meet me out here after the show. We can talk more." I said before running inside.

I ran down the hallway and to the backstage entrance to the stage.

"Where the hell were you?! We're going on in like 30 seconds!" Roslyn whined as I situated myself.

"HERE THEY ARE! ASHES OF ANGST!" The owner said into the mic.

"I wanted a cigarette." I shrugged and walked out with everyone.

I walked to my place and smiled as the spotlight hit us. I looked at everyone too see if we were ready.

"Okay! So tonight we're gonna start off with a mashup of Juke Box Hero by Foreigner, and I Love Rock N' Roll by Joan Jett." I smiled. A round of applause boomed and Andy began the familiar drum beat.

As we were getting closer to the end, I saw what I was looking for. The black mass of curly hair, tall and slim blonde, and slightly shorter blonde with long hair. I found them.

I looked over to Roslyn who was shredding her guitar, but I can tell she was looking at Steven. The song ended. A roar of cheers and clapping erupted.

"Alright! So this next one I wanna dedicate to a lucky three in the audience. This is Don't Shoot Shotgun, written by our very own Andy Blu on drums!"

"Run for cover!

Don't shoot.

Shoot."

Evan and Andy sang. Then the beat started.