Hangovers and Setlists

I woke up in a quite dingy and sketchy room. This definitely wasn't my room. Not even my damn apartment. Then it hit me, I was in Andy's apartment. My head was pounding. I was so hungover. I slowly sat up and adjusted to the dizziness. I sighed and looked under the covers. I was still in my outfit from last night.

I slowly got out of the bed and saw Roslyn on the floor. She didn't have any pants and only her underwear was on and there was cocaine under her nostrils.

I snuck out of the room and saw Andy awake and Evan passed out on the couch.

"What the fuck happened last night?" I squinted as I walked into the bright living room. Andy laughed. He has always been our non-alcoholic, drug free person, so he was the guy to get details from the night before.

"Well, the GNR guys invited us over to their place and everyone was completely plastered. Especially you and Roslyn. I'm guessing you saw how Roslyn ended up?" He sighed, chuckling a little. I nodded and sighed.

"Well you and Evan began to 'I Was Made For Lovin' You' by KISS on the way here. I mean you guys were loud as hell. Then we got there and Izzy got the drugs out, everyone was snorting cocaine except you and I of course." Andy said standing up and stretching. I rolled my eyes and rubbed my temples.

"I need some damn aspirin." I said walking into the kitchen and grabbing the painkillers. Just then Roslyn came into the room. She looked like she went through hell and back.

"Ugh. What the hell?" She groaned as she walked in, snatching the bottle of aspirin.

"Right? I'm debating on jumping off a cliff or just getting plastered again." I sighed.

"What time is it?" she sighed, downing the pills.

"Noon." Andy laughed. I rolled my eyes. Wait! We have a huge gig tonight! We're playing at the Whiskey tonight! I gasped and began to frantically pace.

"Shit, shit, shit! We have a gig tonight. AT THE WHISKEY." I groaned in frustration. Roslyn cried in pain, and Andy suddenly became serious.

"We need to get a setlist, we need to get over this hangover, and wake Evan up." I began to get louder. Andy did the duty to wake Evan up by throwing a pillow at him.

"Okay we have to do Boys Wanna Be Her, people seem to really like that one." Roslyn said. I shot her my 'no shit' look.

"Can we please do Don't Shoot Shotgun?" Andy cried. He wrote the song and has been really wanting to debut it. Especially since it's at the Whiskey. I finally gave in.

"Fine. And then how about Rocket?" I asked as I sat on the counter. By this point Evan decided to make an appearance.

"If we're making choices for our setlist tonight, I wanna do Barracuda." Evan said, surprisingly taking his hangover nicely.

"No. We always do Barracuda." I sighed.

"Fine. Then how about we cover It's A Long Way To The Top. You know by AC DC." Evan said opening the fridge and grabbing a carton of orange juice.

I contemplated the choices. They were all great choices. Just needed one last song. I snapped my fingers at the perfect idea.

"JUKE BOX HERO AND I LOVE ROCK AND ROLL." I yelled jumping off of the counter.

"The mash up we thought of? The one we practiced once or twice?" Roslyn asked. Not having any faith in my idea. I nodded.

"We're doing it. It's a kick ass mash up and it's newer. It'll give the crowd something fresh." I said looking at everyone in the eyes.

"Well, we'll practice it at The Whiskey." Evan gave in. I beamed a smile and knew I won the extremely tiny war.

Once we arrived at the Whiskey we saw the roadies were nice enough to set up our instruments and mics. We got up to the stage and began doing a quick sound check.

"Okay let's practice." Roslyn said looking to all of us. Andy began to get a beat going.

"Bought a beat up six string in the second hand store.

Didn't know how to play it, but I knew for sure.

That one guitar, felt good in my hands.

Didn't take long to understand.

Just one guitar, slung way down low.

Was a one way ticket, only one way to go.

So I started rockin' it.

Ain't ever gonna stop no.

Gonna keep on rockin.

Someday I'm gonna make it to the top and sing

I love rock and roll so put another dime in the juke box baby.

I love rock and roll so come and take your time and dance with me.

In a town without a name, in the heavy downpour. Thought I passed my own shadow, by the backstage door.

Like a trip through the past to that day in the rain and that one guitar made my whole life change.

An' we'll be movin' on an' singin' that same old song yeah with me singing'

I'm a juke box hero
(So put another dime in the juke box baby)
I'm a juke box hero
(So come an' take your time to dance with me)
Juke box hero. Got starts in my eyes
I'm just a juke box hero.
Juke box hero
(I love rock and roll)
Juke box hero!
(So come and take your time to dance with me)
Stars in my eyes...
I love rock and roll!"

With one last chord the song was over. I smiled and looked back at everyone else. I knew that we had to do this song.

"See, we can do this. I know so." I said walking over to one of the amps to drink some water.

"I guess, but it's gonna be loud tonight. It won't be surprising if we miss a chord or if you miss a note." Evan said scratching his head.

"Just don't freak out if that happens. Act like it's apart of the song." I shrugged. I looked over to the clock on the wall.

"Anyway, it's getting to be almost show time. We have 2 hours. We should practice one more song, then we'll go backstage and get ready." I said walking over to the mic.

"Yes mom." Evan and Roslyn muttered.

A/N- Yay!!!! I actually updated on the weekend! Like always, I don't own anything, but my own original characters or "OC's"

The song used in this chapter is Juke Box Hero/ I Love Rock N' Roll. It's sang in Rock Of Ages the musical. Which I'm kinda basing the fanfic off, but with Guns N' Roses (if that makes any sense.)