1: There Ain't Nothing For You Here

"Kylie! Five more minuets till show time." My band mate Evan called. I shot my head up. My little cat nap was interrupted.

"Thanks." I murmured. I stood up and had one last look in the mirror. Remembering what my Mom told me when I wanted to leave Colorado.

"Honey there ain't nothing for you here. There's only one place you'll get respect in this world. You have to take that stage. That stage is a pedestal and when you're up there, you're untouchable. When you're up there, you can have it any way you want it."

I smiled and walked out of the small dressing room. My bandmates were waiting outside the door. I rolled my eyes and chuckled at the sight.

"I need a quick drink." I mumbled looking for a random bottle of whiskey or vodka. Roslyn, our guitarist, and my best friend handed me an almost empty bottle of Smirnoff. I shrugged and drank the rest.

"Okay let's do this!" I shouted. The buzz of the alcohol contributing. I walked down the narrow hallway, feeling confident in my outfit.

I was dressed in leather pants and a tight black cropped shirt. I had my knee high, high heeled velvet boots on. My hair was teased and messy and my makeup was smokey but not over the top. I actually felt sexy.

We walked out on to the stage and the crowd was applauding and cheering. We got to our places and I spoke into the mic.

"Hey everyone! We're Ashes of Angst. We're here to entertain you tonight!" I called out. Everyone started cheering. I smirked.

"Well. How about we start off tonight right and play a bad ass tune huh!" I shouted. Everyone clapped and cheered again. On cue our drummer, Andy began to play. Then the guitar riff. That's when I got so into.

"You got them all by the balls causin' waterfalls
Stone walls, bar brawls
Common stalls that cause 'em all.
To you they crawl, body sprawl.
Smokin' Pall Malls, close call, stand tall.
Doll you make them feel so small." I somewhat started singing.

"And they love it!"Roslyn and I sang the last line in a pitchy voice. Everyone was head banging to the beat and dancing along to the beat. Soon enough the chorus came up.

"The boys wanna be her!
The girls wanna be her!
The boys wanna be her!
The girls wanna be her!
The boys wanna be her!
The girls wanna be her!
The boys wanna be her!
I wanna be her
Yes I do." I repeated and sang.

"The way you rock, don't stop.
Girl you got the chops
Flip flop, she bop, self taught
You look so hot.
Are you conceived, kids receive
Crawling up her sleeve
Parents bleed, can't conceive
That indeed we'll never leave.
And we love it!"

Roslyn and I sang. By this point people were singing along and waving. I look out into the crowd and see five guys in particular. All were dressed in leather and had some mystery to them.

"The boys wanna be her!
The girls wanna be her!
The boys wanna be her!
The girls wanna be her!
"The boys wanna be her!
The girls wanna be her!
The boys wanna be her!
I wanna be her
Yes I do."

I sang the chorus again and prepared for the repetitive bridge.

"Listen up, listen up, listen up
Voices scatter"

I repeated that part seven more times before the last chorus. The song came to a close and the bar went nuts. We smiled and bowed.

"Thank you! I should probably introduce us by member. I'm Kylie Peters, lead vocals. And to my left we have Evan Grant on bass! To my right we have the amazing guitarist Roslyn Cavender, and behind me we have Andy Blu!" I said happily pointing to each and allowing them each a few moments of doing their own little part with they're instruments.

This life seems like it could be great to me.

A/N- Hey everyone! This is a new Guns N Roses Fanfic I'm starting.

This story has songs that are not mine and sequences and scenes that aren't mine. Like for example where Kylie is remembering what her mom said to her. Those lines come from the movie musical Rock Of Ages.

The song that was sang in this chapter was Boys Wanna Be Her by Peaches.

ROCK LIVES ON.
-Sheridan