Father and Daughter

When Sarah got home, she walked in to see me showing Adam albums from over the years. I never let a memory go unphotographed and undocumented. The current page was Sarah on her 10th birthday at my parent's house. They loved Sarah to death and loved having her birthday parties. "Aw she looks adorable in her little pink dress." Adam cooed at the picture.

"Mom! Why are you embarassing me?" Sarah whined. "Sarah he's your dad, I'm not embarassing you!" I said. I giggled at her embarassment. "Oh right, sorry, I still look at you as Adam Levine, not my dad." Sarah said, blushing. I closed the scrapbook, "Maybe I will start dinner," I said. "What do you want Sarah? Pasta or salad?" I asked her. "Pasta and mom?" She said. "Yeah Sarah?" I said turning around to face her. "Could...." She took a long pause, I could tell that she was trying to say something important. "Could... Adam stay for dinner.. maybe?" She quietly asked. I looked at Adam, "It's ok with me if it's ok with Adam." I said. "I would love to" Adam said. Surprisingly, I was glad that he said yes.

We sat at the table like a family. We had long spaghetti noodles with marinara sauce. "I have a fun idea," Adam said. He picked up his noodles with his hands and ate them. Sarah and I looked at eachother, shrugged our shoulders, and copied him. By the time our plates were empty, we had laughed so hard that our stomaches hurt and we all had marinara sauce all over our faces.

Adam wiped his hands off and walked over to our side of the table. He pulled out his iPhone and stood between Sarah and I. "Say marinara!" He shouted. "Marinara!" We all shouted as Adam snapped the photo. We looked like total goofballs with the sauce all over our faces.

After we all cleaned up Sarah went upstairs to do her homework. Adam was helping me clean the dishes. "Thank you for letting me stay," he said, breaking the silence. "Anytime, I'm sure it meant a lot to Sarah." I said. My mind was everywhere. Today I not only dropped the biggest bomb on Adam of having a 13 year old daughter, but telling Sarah that her dad is Adam Levine.

Adam and I finished the dishes and we dried off our hands. We looked at eachother, "You have marinara on your face," I said as I licked my thumb and wiped the sauce off of his cheek. "Haha thanks," He chuckled. We just stared into eachother's eyes. I felt like that 18 year old girl all over again that fell in love with him. Adam leaned in and kissed me. He picked me up and I wrapped my legs around him. He carried me over to the couch and he sat down. I was now on his lap. He moved his lips to my neck, covering it in warm kisses that sent shivers up my spine. Right as Adam was about to lift my shirt over my head, his phone buzzed. It read 1 new message.

From Behati Prinsloo.