This Time You Know

It was a month later. Sarah was back in school 3 weeks ago after being suspended and Adam now lived with us.

"Goodmorning Lena," Adam said. "Morning," I said as I smiled at him. I felt a sudden wave a nausea and darted out of bed. "Lena, you ok?" Adam said. I made it to the toilet, lifted the lid, and threw up 3 times. Adam jumped out of bed and ran to my side. He pulled my hair out of my face and put it into a ponytail. He helped me stand up straight and helped me over to the sink. I brushed my teeth and walked out of the bathroom. "Lena, why don't you go back to bed and I'll take Sarah to school." He said. "No Adam it's ok I can do it." I said. "No you can't Lena, please go back to bed. I can take my own daughter to school." He said. he led me back to our bed and covered me up. "I'll be back soon, ok?" He said. "Alright." I said. He kissed my forehead and went to take Sarah to school.

For the next 2 weeks, it was almost the same routine everyday. As soon as I would wake up, I would rush to the bathrrom to throw up, Adam would put me back in bed, he would take Sarah to school, and I would stay in bed all day.

Adam was with the band today, recording, and I was looking through the bathroom closet for a thermometer. Maybe I had a virus or the flu. I was looking when I came across a box of tampons. I suddenly realized, I hadn't had my period in a while. The last time I had it was 2 months ago. I walked to my closet and slipped on a pair of jeans and a sweatshirt. I grabbed my phone and purse and walked out of the house. I got in my car and drove to the pharmacy. I slipped on a pair of sunglasses so that the paparrazi wouldn't recognize me. The tabloids had been going nuts over seeing Adam and I together. Adam was also in an article for People revealing that Sarah was his daughter.

I walked into the pharmacy and headed right to the pregnancy section. I stared at the tests. I began to recall the memories of almost 15 years ago. I was in this same position when I was suspicious of being pregnant with Sarah after being with Adam. I snapped back to reality. My phone buzzed in my pocket.

Hey mom, hope you're feeling better (:

I then remembered, Sarah's 14th birthday was tomorrow. We had already bought her gift and planned her birthday dinner, but within the past two weeks, I had totally forgotten.

I chose a test and headed to the checkout counter. I paid the cashier and headed out the door. I drove home and walked inside.

I headed upstairs to the bathroom. I took the test out of the box and just stared at it. I finally decided to take the test and 3 minutes later, I saw the results. I put the test back in the box and threw it in the garbage. I laid on our bed and turned on tv.

1 hour later, I heard Adam's voice. "Lena, baby, where are you?" He asked. "In our room," I shouted to him. I heard his footsteps up the stairs and I watched him walk into our room. I stood up and walked over to him. "Hey sweetie," He said as he wrapped his arms around my waist and kissed me. "Feeling better?" He asked. "Yeah, much better." I said. Right after I said that, he crushed his lips onto mine. He pulled my sweatshirt off and I tore his t-shirt off. He pushed me onto the bed and unzipped my jeans. He pulled them off of my legs and climbed on top of me. He moved his lips down my neck and all the way down my torso until he reached my hips. "Wait Adam," I said. "What's wrong Lena?" He asked. "Adam I need to tell you something." I said as I got up, walked to the dresser and grabbed a pair of shorts and a tank top. "What is it Lena?" He asked.

"Adam, I'm pregnant." I said.