Something Is Wrong

I stared at the blood that was all over the floor. "Holy shit Lena! Are you ok?" Adam asked. "I need to get to the hospital, now." I said before I vomited again. 

Adam called him mom and had her watch the girls while Adam took me to the hospital. Adam helped me into the car and held my hand the whole way to the hospital. 

As soon as we walked in, I threw up. Again. A nurse helped me to my hospital room and Adam helped me onto the bed. "Your doctor will be in soon," She said before she left. Adam held my hand and kissed my forehead. "You're going to be ok angel," He said. I smiled at him, trying to fight back tears.

"Adam?" I said quietly. "What is it baby?" He asked. "Can you sing to me?" I asked him. "Anything for you. What song?" He asked. "My favorite," I said and Adam knew exactly which song I was talking about.

He started to sing This Love.

I was so high I did not recognize

The fire burning in her eyes

The chaos that controlled my mind

Whispered goodbye as she got on a plane

Never to return again

But always in my heart, oh!

This love has taken its toll on me

She said goodbye too many times before

And her heart is breaking in front of me

And I have no choice

‘Cause I won't say goodbye anymore

I tried my best to feed her appetite

Keep her coming every night

So hard to keep her satisfied, oh!

Kept playing love like it was just a game

Pretending to feel the same

Then turn around and leave again

This love has taken its toll on me

She said goodbye too many times before

And her heart is breaking in front of me

And I have no choice‘

Cause I won't say goodbye anymore

I'll fix these broken things

Repair your broken wings

And make sure everything's alright (It's alright, it's alright)

My pressure on your hips

Sinking my fingertips

Into every inch of you

Because I know that's what you want me to do

This love has taken its toll on me

She said goodbye too many times before

Her heart is breaking in front of me

And I have no choice

‘Cause I won't say goodbye anymore

As Adam continued to sing, I felt tears rolling down my cheeks. What would I do if I was really sick? If I died, Adam would be left with 3 daughters. Thinking about it, only made me cry harder.

"Babe, are you ok?" Adam asked after he finished singing. "Yeah, thank you for singing," I said. "Anything for you," He said before he kissed me. When he pulled away, he had blood on his lips. I giggled at the sight. "What?" He asked. "You have blood on your lips," I said through my laughter. He wiped the blood off of his lips and kissed my head. 

Just then, my doctor walked in. "Hello Mrs. Levine." He said. "Hi," I said. "Alright, so you have been vomiting up blood. Has anything else strange been going on?" He asked. "She hasn't been eating real meals for the past month and she sometimes has stomach pain," Adam said. "Alright, well then Mrs. Levine, I believe you have Gastritis." He said. 

"What's that?" I asked him. "It happens when the lining of your stomach becomes swollen. Do you drink?" He asked. "No, I haven't had a drop of alcohol since before I got pregnant," I said. "How about stress? Have you been under stress lately?" He asked. "I mean, I have twin 1 year olds and a 16 year old daughter and we were jsut in Europe on tour," I said. 

"Alright, I think your gastritis is caused by all this stress. It doesn't happen often, but I think in your case, it's the stress." He said. "We're going to give you some antacids and it should heal itsself, alright?" He said. "Ok," I said as he handed me a pill bottle and walked out. 

Adam hugged me and kissed my cheek. "Thank god you're ok," He said as he helped me up. "Yeah, I think I need to slow down." I said. "Yeah, well all we're doing is writing and recording new songs, so you have no tours to worry about," He said as we walked out and got in the car. 

Once we got in the car, my phone rang in my pocket. "Hello?" I said. "Hi, Mrs. Levine?" The man said. "Yes, this is she," I said.

"Your daughter Sarah has been involved in a crash," He said.