Trust

I love you. Those 3 words kept circling in my head. Love. Was Adam really in love with me? "I love you too." I said to Adam. I turned over so I could see his face. He placed a gentle kiss on my lips. "I feel awful for not staying with you 14 years ago. I really do love you, Lena." He said.

I looked at the clock, it was already 10:00 P.M. and I suddenly remembered Sarah. "Adam, I hate that I have to ruin this moment, but Sarah is going to be home in 15 minutes." I said. "Darn, we better get dressed. I don't think that the best way to get along with her is her seeing me in bed with her mom who I abandoned 14 years ago." Adam playfully said. "Yeah probably not." I said.

I got up out of the bed and walked into my closet. I took a pair of black shorts and a purple t-shirt out of my dresser. Adam put his jeans and t-shirt back on and we walked downstairs. "Sarah and I have a tradition of ice cream at 10:00 PM on Friday nights." I said as I took a gallon of Rocky Road ice cream out of the freezer. He gave me a weird look. "What? Its a mother- daughter thing!" I exclaimed playfully.

"Hey mom!" Shouted Sarah as she walked in the front door. She walked in the kitchen and saw Adam. "Hey Adam, I'm guessing that either you broke up with Behati and you and my mom just had sex, or. Well actuay just that." Sarah said as she giggled. "Sarah!" I exclaimed. What was she thinking? Although she was right. "What? I bet it's true!" She playfully shouted. "Come over here and eat some dang ice cream," I said to her. We all stood around the ice cream tub with our spoons, just eating out of the gallon.

"So what am I supposed to tell all my friends that have a huge crush on you?" She giggled as she asked Adam. "Well, you can tell them that I am your dad and I'm sorry but I am taken." He said as he smiled. There was that smile, the smile I loved, the smile that made my heart melt. "But I thought you and Behati broke up." She said. "We did," He said. "Then how are you taken?" She asked him. I could see the confusion on her face, I was pretty confused myself. "I'm taken by your mom." He said, with a smirk on his face. "What?!" Sarah exclaimed. Adam walked over to me and wrapped his arms around my waist. "Yes Sarah, your mom and I are getting back together." He said. "Oh my gosh!!!! Do you know hiw long I have dreamed of this?! I mean it has come a little later than expected but oh my gosh!" She exclaimed. She ran upstairs to her room. "I've got to call all my friends!" She shouted over the landing.

I turned around to face Adam. His arms were still around me. "So are we official now?" I asked. He smiled at me. "Yes, my beautiful girlfriend. Wow that's so weird to say." He chuckled. "Ok, my handsome boyfriend. I haven't said that in a long time." I giggled. "Exactly how long?" Adam asked as he raised one eyebrow. "From when Sarah was 7 to when she was 10 I dated a guy. We were pretty serious and he was great with Sarah, but we broke up because I wanted more kids but he didn't." I said. "Well, I can gladly say that I love kids and having more would be amazing." He said with a smile on his face. "I love you Adam." "I love you too Lena."

We walked upstairs to check on Sarah and say goodnight. We walked into my bedroom and layed in bed. I rested my head on his chest and we both quickly fell asleep due to the long day we just had.

I woke up in the morning next to a sleeping Adam. He was so cute when he was sleeping. His chisled face so relaxed. I looked at the clock, it was 6:30. I heard a rustling in the bathroom, it was Sarah. She was most likely curling her hair for school. I got out of bed and walked to the bathroom. "Morning sweetie." I said. "Morning mom! Is dad still sleeping." She asked. I couldn't help but smile. "What mom?" She asked. "I think it's cute that you call him your dad." i said as I smiled at her. "Well that's what he is, isn't he? You aren't about to tell me that Channing Tatum is my dad are you? Because then you would crush all my celebrity dreams," She giggled. "Yes Sarah, he is your dad!" I playfully shouted. "What are we talking about in here?" I heard Adam say as he stood next to the door frame. "Oh nothing," I said as Sarah and I giggled.

Adam ran over to Sarah and slung her over his shoulder. I bursted into laughter. "Adam don't hurt her!" I shouted as I followed him down the stairs. "Adam put me down! Adam put me down!" Sarah playfully yelled. "Dad put me down!" She shouted. Adam put her down in the kitchen. "What did you call me?" He asked. "I....uh...." Sarah was blushing. "She called you dad." I said as I walked over to them. "Did you Sarah?" Adam asked her with a caring look. "Yeah I did." She whispered quietly. Adam walked over to her and gave her a hug. "You have no idea how much it means to me to hear you say that." He said.

The doorbell rang. I left Sarah and Adam and walked to the door. I opened the door and there was Sydney, Sarah's best friend. "Hi Miss Marks," Sydney said. "HI Syd, come on in." I said as I led her in. "Miss Marks is it true?" She whispered. "Is what true Sydney?" I asked her. I was really confused. "Is Adam Levine really Sarah's dad and he broke up with Behati to be with you?!" She exclaimed. I jumped at her excitement. "Yes, it's true," I heard Adam say as he walked in and wrapped his arm around my waist. Sarah walked in behind him. "Oh. My. God!" Sydney shouted. "Sydney calm down!" Sarah shouted at her. "Sarah how are you not freaking out?! You're dad is freaking Adam Levine! I always told you that you looked like him!" Sydney shouted again.

After Sydney's 20 minute schpeel about how excited Sarah should be, they left for school. "I just want to spend every moment with you that I can." Adam whispered in my ear as he hugged me. I released from his grasp. "Well you are going to have to wait awhile becasue I have to get ready for work." I said as I kissed him on the cheek. I ran upstairs to the bathroom to take a shower. When the water was warm enough, I got in. I had just finished washing the shampoo out of my hair when Adam suddenly appeared.

"Jeez Adam! You scared me!" I shouted at him. "Mind if I join you?" He asked as he stripped down. "Not at all." I said as I watched him. He got into the shower and kissed me. I took the shampoo bottle and squeezed the shampoo onto his spiked hair. I rubbed the shampoo in until his hair was full of soap. He got under the shower head and washed the shampoo out of his hair. I watched the drops of water flow down his skin.

We got out of the shower and dried eachother off. He tossed me my robe and I put it on. I started to blow dry my hair, when the phone rang. Adam ran into the bedroom to get it. "It's Sarah's school, for you." He said as he handed me the phone. "Hello?" I said. "Hi Miss Marks?" Said the secretary. "Yes," I said.

"We are going to need you to come down to the school. I'm afraid your daughter has been involved in a fight."