Saving Lena

Adam's POV 

I couldn't let them take the woman I love away from me. I got in the car and rushed to the hospital.

When I rushed into the hospital, I immediately saw Sarah sitting in the waiting area, crying. I rushed over to her. "Sarah," I said as I reached her. "Dad!" She exclaimed as she stood up and hugged me. I could hear her starting to cry harder. "Dad, I'm scared. I don't want to lose mom." She said. I held her close as she continued to cry.

"Mr. Levine?" Said a voice. I turned around to see who it was. It was a police officer. "Yes," I said. He walked over to me. "Mr. Levine, we would like to hear the story from you." He said. "What my daughter told you is true." I said. "Really?" He said. "Yes, Lena suffered a miscarriage and had to give birth to our dead daughter. She has been depressed for 2 months. My daughter doesn't lie sir. Please don't send Lena to a mental hospital. She's just sad and felt like this was her only escape. I have a letter to prove it." I said as I pulled Lena's letter out of my pocket and handed it to the officer. After he read it over, he led Sarah and I to one of the hospital rooms. 

I walked over to Lena. She was sleeping, but she didn't look like herself. She hadn't looked like herself in a month. She had started only eating 1 meal a day and she was getting thinner as the days went on. Sarah bursted into tears again and that's when I saw Lena open her eyes. I watched the tears fall from her eyes as she saw Sarah. "Sarah," She said. I grabbed Sarah's hand and led her to Lena. "Sarah I'm so sorry." Lena said as more tears fell down her face. "I love you so much mom. Please don't ever scare me like that again." Sarah said as she hugged Lena. "Sweetie, can you give your dad and I a minute?" Lena said. "Sure," Sarah said as she kissed Lena's head and walked out. 

"Adam, I'm so sorry." She said. I walked over to her and kissed her. "I'm just glad I got to you before it was too late." I said. "I don't know what I was thinking Adam." She said as more tears streamed down her cheeks. "You were sad Lena. I'm just happy that I still have you here. Which reminds me." I said. I knew what I was going to do and I was growing more anxious by the second.

"Lena Marks. Will you marry me?" I said. 

Lena's POV 

I just stared at him. Was he really doing what I thought he was? After everything we've been through, he wants to marry me?

"Yes," I said. 

He engulfed me in a hug. "I love you so much Lena." He said. "I love you too Adam." I said.

2 days later, they released me from the hospital, and I went home. I felt better knowing that Adam was by my side. My sadness was gone. I still missed my unvorn daughter, but I was out of my depression. I was happy again and I couldn't be more thankful to Adam for saving my life.