Summertime Sadness

You and Niall were together for 1 and an half year now and you guys were doing perfectly fine. Until yesterday tough, he got annoyed .. only because you wanted to cuddle with him. He had a little break now and would be continueing his tour with the lads in 1 day. He was acting weird and strange now and you didn't know what was wrong. You were asking yourself questions and wondering what you'd do. At some point you even cried it all out because it was too much to handle. But as you hear Niall coming inside you rushed into the bathroom and tried to be as silent as you can. You searced for a towel or someting to wipe your tearsstained cheeks but didn't find anything. You just did it with your hands but it was still clear you cried, but you didn't care and just walked downstairs only to be met with Niall who was watching another game of football of Derby County. "Niall?" You croaked out. "Y/N not now." He responded. "I just wanted you to ask you a simple question.." You trailed off. "What did I just told you?" He asks. "I wanted to ask you something, is that already too much?" You respond. "Y/N you are so damn clingy and annoying. Just leave me alone! Can you stop being so annoying and.." He said. "I just wanted to ask you a fucking question?" You cut him off. "You're so damn clingy I still don't get why I chose you. You are so annoying and you can even be a bitch a-" He spoke again. "You know what? If I'm that annoying and clingy then I'll leave. And you'll never hear from me again, Niall. I hope you're happy." You say and fake a smile. You stomp upstairs grabbing all your belongings and doing it in one big bag. "And if you didn't get it Niall, we're over!" You yell and walked outside, slamming the door behind you and drove to your home. You were so pissed, sad and furious at the same time. You had mixed emotions for this. Your summer wasn't going any better. Your best friend comitted suicide because she felt depressed and she had left a mixtape for you. You decide to listen to it. "Remember that I always love you, bye." You were crying and from now on you weren't doing any better. You missed Niall, and your best friend. It really hurts. All you did was listen to Lana Del Rey. She described your feelings exactly.

Kiss me hard before you go
Summertime sadness
I just wanted you to know
That, baby, you're the best

You remember the last time Niall kissed you, it was a simple one yet it still gave you butterflies. But just like Lana Del Rey called this song, this is how you described your summer, summertime sadness. It was a few weeks ago since you broke up with Niall and he didn't even fighted for you. He never contacted you and you just haven't heard anything from him. Sometimes you see him on TV being happy on stage, and you hate to admit you were still crying over him. You were looking at old pictures. Old pictures of you and Niall, but also of you and your best friend. The fact she didn't tell you a single thing about her depression made you feel like a bad friend, but it was way too late now. You feel tears coming from your eyes and rolling down your cheeks. You cried it all out. Today was your best friend's mother also coming over. She would pay you a visit every week just to see how you were doing after everything that happened. You sing along with Lana Del Rey as your favorite part of the song plays.

Think I'll miss you forever
Like the stars miss the sun in the morning sky
Later's better than never
Even if you're gone I'm gonna drive drive, drive

The doorbell rang and that meant it could only be your best friend's mother. You took a glance in the mirror and saw that all of your mascara was leaked and all over your cheeks. You forgot to use waterproof mascara, oops. You shrugged and just opened the door. But when you saw who was actually standing in front of you, you let another sob out. Your breath hitched into your throat and you tried to speak. You gulped and spoke. "What are you doing here, Niall?" You ask trying not to break down. "I felt bad for what I said to you a few weeks ago. I-I-I didn't mean it ofcourse. I tried to find the balls and confess to you how sorry I am and I here I am, I guess?" He stammers. Your lips trembled and you didn't know what to say. He left you alone for those weeks even tough he immediately realised. "What do you want me to say Niall? Do you want me to forgive you and forget everything that happened and be all couply and lovey dovey again?" You ask. He nods and smiles. "No, I can't. You left me while I was here feeling sad doing nothing and-" You were speaking but a female voice interrupted you. "Oh darling Y/N, it's okay." You see it's your best friend's mother and she pulled you into an hug and you cried onto her shoulders. "I don't know what to do anymore! I can't keep living like this, I hate everything." You say as you sob onto her shoulder. "Everything will be okay, yes? Y/Bestfriends/N would be so proud of you now." She says. "I hate my life." You cried. "It's okay Y/N, remember that I'm always here for you, oh god I'm gonna cry too." She admitted. You sniffed and only nodded. "But I see you have someone here so I'll come back tomorrow to talk, okay?" She continues. You nod and Niall turns to you. "What was that all about?" He asks. "Like you care." You scoffed. "I know I have been a complete jerk to you but I want to know if you're okay and I wanted to apologise, I know I'm not the best boyfriend ever." He says. "Just come inside." You mumbled quietly and let him in. He was shocked to see all the mess everywhere;
shattered pictures on the floor, tissues everywhere, ripped pictures. You both took a seat on the couch and you sighed. "Y/BF/N died." You croaked out. And he immediately let out a "What?!" You sigh and another teardrop rolled down your cheek. "Sh-she committed suicide." You say and began to cry. He pulled you into a hug and began to kiss every place on your face. "You are not alone Y/N, I love you very much. And I know I've been a jerk to you. I'm sorry for not being there when you needed me." He says. "Niall, I've been living in this summertime sadness for God knows how long." You cried out. "Then I'll be your light in the dark and I'll be guiding you through your summertime sadness." He says and kisses your forehead.