Bet 4

"That was some good food, honey. You're a pretty good cook I'll admit," Niall chuckled, wiping his mouth clean with a wrinkled napkin. "You're not that bad either, Horan. I can see that resemblance between you and Gordon Ramsay now, eh?" you joked. He chuckled lightly, "Yeah, I get that a lot." An awkward silence followed afterwards. You shifted uncomfortably in your spot on the couch, before clearing your throat. Niall brushed his fingers through his hair, his right knee nervously bouncing up and down. "So, umm..." he said, trying to spark up a conversation. "Um, I think I should go," you said, standing up as you placed your empty plate on the coffee table. "Oh, uh... yeah, sure." Niall stood up as well, before leading you to his front door and waving you goodbye.

Niall's pov

Thank god she left. That girl was starting to get on my nerves. So, I invite her over for a date and some tacos, right? She doesn't even bother saying "Thank you!" or "I had a great time!" What a bitch. I can't wait for the week to end. That way I can show Louis that I proved him wrong, and break up with (Y/N). Even though I spent only a single night with her, I can't stand her already. She's so quiet and doesn't even say a fucking word. Like how the hell are two people supposed to keep a conversation if one of them doesn't say anything? I thought she would be someone I could withstand, but I truly can't. Ugh, I hate her. Hopefully, she likes me though. I can't afford losing that bet.

The next day, you arrived at school in an indescribable state of happiness. Last night with Niall was amazing. He was so sweet and down-to-earth. It was hard to believe you even had a guy like that at your school. Even though the night had ended on an awkward note, you didn't mind. Your first date with Niall went great, and you couldn't wait to see him again. You headed over to your locker as you made your way through the noisy hallways. You slung your backpack over one shoulder as you fiddled around with the lock on your locker. You opened the locker once you got the lock off and saw a piece of paper slip out. You knelt down to pick up the piece of paper before unfolding it to read, "Last night was amazing, princess. I really wanna do it again. Meet me after school today in the parking lot. I wanna take you some place special. Love, Niall xx" You stuffed the paper into your pocket as an enormous smile crept up onto your face. "What are you all giddy about?" You lifted up your head to see your friend walked over to you, raising an eyebrow. "Oh, nothing," you brushed it off. "Nothing at all."

7 hours later

At the end of the school day, you bolted out of last period and headed straight for the parking lot. You ran into the crowded area, filled with cars and people. How the hell were you supposed to find Niall? You kept walking, until you felt a pair of large hands make their way over your sparkly eyes. "Guess who?" a soothing voice whispered into your ear, sending shocks of electricity down your spine. You giggled before spinning around and wrapping your arms around Niall's neck, tangling him in a tight hug. "Hi baby," he chuckled, hugging you back just as tightly. "Ready for our second date?" "Of course," you smiled. He stuck out his hand for you to take, before you intertwined your fingers and obediently followed him to his car.