The New Kid

I sat in the back of the class listening to everyone's constant whispers about the new kid. I heard once that he was a tall basketball player from Russia, but then I heard he was a hockey player. I wish they'd just shut up. We get new kids almost every week so I don't see what's different about this one. "Did you hear about the new kid?" Some girl whispered to me. I mentally rolled my eyes and shook my head "I saw him today" she smiled. "Really? What does he look like?" I asked. She scooted closer to my desk "he's tall, blonde, cute and Irish" she said. Irish? "How do You know he's Irish?" I asked. "He talked to me" she smiled. The door opened and the teacher walked in followed by someone else. I'm guessing he was the new kid. The girl next to me described him perfectly. "Class this is Niall horan, Niall this is the class" she said. He gave us a small wave "sit next to Y/n please" the teacher said. Everyone's eyes were on me as I raised my hand so he'd know who to sit by. I shrunk down in my chair as he sat next to me. "I'm Niall" he said smiling. "Y/n" I said. The rest of the lesson went on and I often saw Niall staring at me. I wanted to ask what he might be staring at, but that would be rhetorical question. The bell rung and I grabbed my things and left the room.

It was lunch time and I hadn't seen Niall since first period. I sat at my lunch table alone scrolling through my phone. "Can I sit here?" Someone said taking out my earbud. I jumped and got relived when I saw Niall. "Uhh, sure" I said scooting over. "Why do you sit alone?" He asked. "I'm not really into socializing" I said shrugging. "Oh well, you don't like making friends?" He asked. "I want too, but I'm too awkward" I said. He laughed and I blushed. "I don't think you're awkward at all. I'd really like to.....figure you out?" He asked. "Figure me out? There's no need. I'm an open book" I said. "No. You're not. Your definition of an open book and my definition are obviously different" he said. What. "Okay, what's your definition then?" I asked. "Someone who you can tell what they're feeling just by looking at them. That's an open book" he said. "You can't tell what I'm feeling?" I asked. He chuckled "no" he said simply. "You're a special child" I said. "How special?" He asked. "Special enough to be friends with" I said. "Hmm. Not special enough to go on a date with?" He asked.

"A date?" I asked. He nodded. "Is that your way of asking me, Niall?" I asked. He nodded "I mean what's a better way to figure someone out?" He said smiling. I nodded "I don't know, I've never been on a date" I said. "I assume you like food" he said eyeing my almost empty lunch plate. "Of course." I said. He laughed "can I have your number?" He asked. I handed him my phone and watched as he put his number in. I looked around the cafeteria and noticed almost everyone was staring at us. "Don't look now, the whole school is staring at you." Niall mumbled. "I know."I whispered. "Why do they do that?" He asked. "Because you're new and hot-" oh my god. "Thanks" he said laughing loudly. "You laugh a lot" I said. His laugh was really contagious. "It's a way for me to stay positive I guess. I just laugh." He said shrugging. "My first friend in this school is an idiot." I mumbled. "Thanks" he said laughing. The bell rung for us to leave and go to the next class. "BYE Y/N" Niall shouted from across the cafeteria. "Are you serious?" I mouthed. He laughed and I walked out of the cafeteria. The rest of the day I couldn't wait to get home to get ready for my 'date' with Niall. I stopped at my locker and put my books away before I walked out of the school.

"Wait Y/n!" I heard nialls voice and whirled around. He stopped in front of me. "Kind of did something in art." he said handing me a crumpled piece of paper. "Don't open it until you get home. I don't want to know your thoughts about it." he chuckled. I nodded "Oh- and before you go." he said pulling me into him. He kissed my nose. "Bye." he said smiling and walked away. I ran home and up to my room. I sat down on my bed and opened up the paper. My heart thumped at a drawing of a girl and a boy holding hands somewhat. The caption underneath the pics made me laugh "me" was under the boy and "you" under the girl. I grabed a thumb tack and pinned the picture up above my bed. I smiled and started to get ready for my date.

THE END