Bet 17

You were at your locker the next day, carefully placing textbooks into your bag. "(Y/N)!" you turned around, seeing Ben running towards you. "Hey," you sighed, relieved that it wasn't Niall. "Wanna work on our biology essay together after school today?" You gently closed your locker before turning to face him. "Sure! I-" An obnoxious laughter rang through the crowded hallways, sending shivers down your spine. You and Ben turned your attention to the middle of the corridor where Niall was making his way down, arm in arm with the blonde chick from yesterday. "Oh, Ben!" you burst into a fit of fake giggles. "You're so funny!" "What?" "Hahaha!" You leaned in, wrapping your arms tightly around his neck. "Hug me back," you whispered into his ear. "Um, ok?" he replied, hesitantly placing his hands at the small of your back. You heard Niall's footsteps pass as he pranced about with his new "girlfriend". "Oh! I'm so sorry," Niall sarcastically apologized as he purposefully bumped into your shoulder. Ben kept an arm around your waist as you had one of your arms draped on his shoulders. "It's fine," you faked back. "Ben and I were actually just about to go to our next class together anyways." Niall scoffed, "Whatever, I'm taking my girl out on our first date today. We're gonna go the beach." "And I care because...?" "Ugh, just leave me alone," Niall glared at you as he dragged the blonde girl away from you and Ben. "You were the one who came to me first!" you screamed back, heat rising in your cheeks. "What... What was that all about?" Ben questioned as he followed you down the halls. "Nothing," you said, shaking your head. "Just forget about it." Ben's an amazing guy, but you only see him as a friend. You couldn't help but let your jealous side come up. You had no idea what was going on inside your head, but that was kind of a spur of the moment move. It wasn't cool, you'll admit, but what choice did you have? Watch Niall and his new girlfriend, who you didn't even know the name of, make their way joyously down the halls? No way! You took a deep breath as you made your way to French class. Okay so, maybe Niall had made a stupid mistake yesterday and overreacted, but could it have been your fault, too? Maybe you shouldn't have been so touchy and close to Ben. Maybe you should've appreciated Niall's protectiveness and just listened to his explanation before jumping to conclusions. It was hard to admit, but you wanted Niall back, bad.