Chapter 26

Harry's P.O.V

I woke up the next morning to my phone ringing.

"Hello?" I answered groggily.

"I-I'm so- so-sorry." The other person sobbed.

"Megan?!" I jolted out of bed. "What's wrong? Are you alright? Are the babies okay? What's wrong?" I asked. Draco wasn't in the bed so I figured he'd gone off to work for the early shift.

"Th-the babies and I are fine." She sniffled and I sighed in relief.

"Then what's wrong?" I asked.

"I bumped into Ginny." She hiccupped. "And she asked about the babies, I told her I was a surrogate and she asked who I was carrying for and I let it slip that it was you." She told me.

"Oh hunny," I started. "Don't worry about that."

"But what about the stories in the Daily Prophet?" She sniffled.

"Oh don't worry about those, don't let them bother you, yeah?" I said. "Just ignore whatever is published and I will take care of it."

"Yeah okay," She sniffled. "Thank you."

"No thank you, do you want me to come over? Do you need anything?"

"No I'm alright," She told me. "Thank you again."

"Alright, I'll see you soon yeah?"

"Okay." She sniffled. "Goodbye."

"Bye." We hung up and I groaned. I could just imagine the headlines. Fricken Ginny would rip us to shreds any chance she got. I got out off bed and ready for work.  

Once I got to work, I sent out people to check out a few suspicious cases. I was filling out paper work when there was a knock at my door.

"Come in." I called. Ron walked in looking a bit pale. "Whoa mate, everything okay?"

"You have a visitor." He gulped.

"Who?" I asked.

"Um I think they should just come in." He confessed so I nodded.

"Alright let them in." I allowed and he walked out. A few moments late my visitor came in. I jumped up from my chair and pointed my wand.

"What are you doing here?" I spat.

"Relax Potter; I've lost my powers so I can't harm you," The visitor snarled. "I've come here to discuss something." I dropped my wand.

"What makes you think I want to discuss anything with you Malfoy?" I asked. Draco's father stood in front of me keeping the Malfoy stature; his face was unreadable.

"Well if you care for Draco, it'll be worth your while." He sneered.

"I do care for him but you disowned him when he was merely 18 years old," I told him. "You're the one who doesn't care for him."

"I care about my son!" He hissed.

"Oh is that so?" I asked. "So you disowned him because you cared?"

"I disowned him because he was a father out of wedlock," He told me. "But I can honestly say I am a changed man, my wife has convinced me, I would like to be a part of my son's life again."

"You've already missed so much."

"And I would like to make it up to him," He nodded his head. "And you're my only hope because he is your partner."