Here's A Tip

The night is very slow, at my part time job at Rosie's Diner. Yes, I am waitress here. It's not my dream job but sometimes the tips are good. Plus, I don't ever want to ask that Devil of a mother for a dime.

Here's some of my story. For my 10th birthday, My Dad had given  me a voucher for 10 day's for the "Star Shine Boot Camp For Modeling And Acting"  at the local community center. My Aunt (Dad's Sister) use to be a big time model back in the day. Considering, I am a spitting image of her, Dad thought it would be something that I would take interest in. He was right! It became my life. I began going to acting and modeling classes all through middle and high school. Also, I always auditioned for the schools plays. I did some local commercial work and won some competitions but nothing too major. My mom wanted me to focus and complete school first. After my Dad passed away, after a routine procedure went wrong, me and Mom both became numb. I gave up on my modeling and acting dreams and she began dating a dozen a different men like Dad never even existed. I remember last Father's day when her new boyfriend, now husband, had come over, she didn't even acknowledge the memory box I made Dad. Then she hid all of his pictures. That was the last straw. We got into a heated argument and I left. Now I am living out of one of those weekly motels, trying to make ends meet at this dead end job. Ugh this isn't what Dad would have wanted :(

"Jade! Jade!"  My co-worker Gina is now shouting at me, snapping me out of my daze.

"Huh?"  looking up dazed and confused like I've been asleep or something.

"Customer!" she nods towards the door.

My eyes fall upon a gorgeous young lady. She looks kind of like me , caramel skin, long curly brown hair, model long legs, and a face of a movie star". But she's dressed like a hooker. Ew.

I take my notepad and pen out of my apron and slowly make my way over to her.

"Welcome to Rosie's home of burgers, shakes, and crispy fries, you ready to order?" I mumble in the least enthusiastic voice ever.

She laughs and looks up at me displaying long spider like eyelashes and beautiful hazel eyes.

"Yeah, ummm, can I have the number 2 but without the bun and instead of a coke ,can I have water with lemon?" She requests, in a sweet tone.

"Yeah."  I agree, feeling quite bad that I kind of acted like I didn't want to take her order but she wasn't offended by my mood.

I bring her burger without the bun and lemon water and begin to walk away.

"Hey!" she calls out to me.

"Yeah!" I exclaim, whipping around like I expected her to talk to me, then I shyly look down at the black and white tile floor feeling a sense of embarrassment.

She laughs and smiles again.

"Didn't you use to go to Everlette High?" she asks.

My eyes light up, "Yea!"

Then my eyes dim. "ugh, did you?"  I ask, as I search her appearance for any sign of familiarity.

"Yea, for a little while. I was in your home room and 3rd period." Desiree Smith, she adds.

"Oh yea, you were a slut!" I boldly exclaim until I realize what I just said and cover my mouth with my hands like I just said the worst thing ever....because I did.

Desiree laughs hard. "Yep, that's me."

I manage to try to apologize through the cracks of my fingers still covering my mouth, I am so so sorry, like I didn't mean that and,

"No, it's fine. I am." Desiree confesses.

I observe her thigh high boots with her fishnet stockings, mini skirt and tube top. I look down in shame, not able to hide my obvious facial expression.

"But I am paid, very paid."  Desiree states.

Desiree takes out a wad of money in a rubber band.  It looks like a rolled stack of 20's and 100's. She grabs her food to go.

"Here's a tip, if you want to make some real money, fuck with me." Desiree hand's me a piece of her napkin and leaves without tipping me.

I look at the bald up piece of napkin with 7 digits displayed on it.

"Ugh!" I stuff it in my apron and get cleaning supplies to buff her table and contemplate how I could be such a dumb bitch.

(Do Y'all think Jade should Call Desiree or does Desiree sound like trouble? Answer below in the comments :) )