G- String & Heels

The next morning I wake to realize that I only made 16$ in tips last night. Fuck rent is due. Like I said before, I live in one of those motels that charge by the week. It's about 200$ every week and rent is due Friday before 12 PM. It's Friday and 12:22 PM. I quickly grab my purse and gather up all the tips I made throughout this week. I only have 156$. Ugh, I use to make at least 300$ to 400$ hundred a week but now it's pure struggle. Ever since "Rise & Shine" opened up, the new diner up the block from Rosie's, I realize most on my regular customers to come but only stop by whenever "Rise & Shine" is packed.

Bang, Bang Bang, my hearts jumps as I scurry to the door with 156$ clenched in hand. I know it's the motel manager and as I answer, there he is, with the cleaning lady ready to take the only place I have.

"If you could just give me till tonight, I will have it in full plus interest." I plea.

He shakes his head and I gather my things with tears in my eyes. As I grab my apron, the napkin with Desiree's number floats to the ground like it's a sign to cure all my woes.

I have to much pride to do what she does. Wait, what does she even do? I grab my things and head out the door to the back of the building. As I'm about to head down stairs, I notice that one of the cleaning lady's left the door open to a  freshly cleaned room. I quickly make my way inside, closing the door behind me. I peak out the corner of the blinds. I see her lazily and carelessly skipping rooms while she laughs and speaks on her phone. I ruffle through my bag, swallow my pride and almost choke while dialing Desiree's number.

"Hello." A voice answers with lots of noise and talking in the background.

"Hey, Desiree. It's me Jade." My voice now sounding very unfamiliar to myself.

I hear her giggle. "OK."

"You know why I'm calling." I hear myself getting slightly annoyed.

"Yea bitch, but I want to hear you say you ready to throw it back and make that cash!" Desiree now laughing uncontrollably.

I can feel myself getting annoyed and hot with anger. I begin to say, "You know what, I'm better than..."

Desiree cuts me off with a serious tone. "Nah, seriously bring ya ass to the club tonight at 10. Bring 5 inch heels and a G String. Be ready to take it dance k?"

"Wait, what club? Where is it? What do I have to do?" My voice shakes and stomach feels queasy.

"Honey's, On the corner of East Lane & dance for a full club of niggas and bi ass bitches." She explains, like it's routine.

I swallow hard. "I don't own 5 inch heels or a g string."

"Fine, just make sure you here. I got you." Desiree assures and hangs up.

It feels as though I just made a deal with the Devil. I'm a former model and actress. I'm not cut out for that kind of lifestyle. I was raised with morals and by both my parents but at the same time I am not cut out to be broke and staying in a dark motel room trying to buy time.

At 9:45 pm I am awoken by a the ringing of my phone. I realize that I must have fallen asleep on the motel floor beside the bed. I find the light switch near the bathroom.

"Hello?"  I answer, now rubbing my eyes and gathering my things.

"You still coming right?" I hear Desiree's bitchy tone.

"Yeah, where is it again?" Mereally asking just so I could buy some more time.

Desiree blows her breath. "Bitch, you know where." She hangs up.

I head down the dark stairwell with suitcase in hand and head to the bus stop. I catch bus 11 to East Lane. I can feel my heart in my stomach and contemplate going back to my dead end job. I arrive to my destination, before I have time to change my mind, I approach the big lit up slutty building.  I notice that the parking lot is packed and there is a huge line at the door with 80% niggas and 20% bitches. I whip out my phone and call Desiree.

"Come around  back." Desiree implies, like she knows I'm already here, which kind of pisses me off that she would think so low of me but here I am.

I roll my eyes and head to the back of the building. I see a giant bodyguard and instantly the door whips open, Desiree standing in the doorway in 5 inch heels, a G string and topless. She nods at me. The bodyguard briefly searches my bags, ID's me, and holds the door open. As I walk in, the smell of perfume, burnt weave, and weed hit my nose. I spot Desiree counting a wad of money near a locker. I approach her silently. She eyes me up and down then hands me a g string and pair of heels.

"um, where's the bra to this?"  I search her eyes for answers

She laughs hysterically, and makes her way back on to the stage. I slowly change out of my clothes and into the g string and heels. About 6 more girls make their way in the dressing room, each wearing a G-string, high heels, and each carrying a wad of money. One of the girls who enters the dressing room notices me right away and flashes me a smile.

"Ay, new girl alert!" La La yells heading over to me.

I nervously hold my arms to my chest, trying to conceal my boobs.

"Ay, I'm La La, like La-La Land!" She giggles and bites her red sparkly lips.

She looks really young. La La has long blonde hair and light brown skin, with a petite frame and huge but natural looking breast.

"I'm Jade." I nervously whisper.

The 4 other girls count their money and totally ignore my existence while changing their outfits and talking amongst each other.

"Is that your real name or dancer name?"  La La asks looking like a confused puppy.

"My real name." I confess.

"Oh no no no, you can't use your real name honey. Mainly for safety and privacy reasons." La La explains.

"Come up with a cute sexy new identity!"  La La exclaims

Desiree struts back in counting more money. She makes a sour face when she sees me interacting with La La. She steps in front of La La.

"You, ready?" Desiree barks.

"No, Gia! She's not ready, she's doesn't even have a dancer name!'" La La defends.

"Gia?" I say confused?

"Yes, it's my dancer name." Desiree adds. "What do you want yours to be? And pick something sexy cause nobody wants a stripper named Agnes or Myrtle!"

"umm, Mia?" I ask.

"Twinsies!" La La, squeals

"Bitch, no! Too close!" Desiree argues.

"So, it's not like we're on the same level." I push passed her and head to the stage.

(A/N Do you think Jade will kill it on stage or chicken out and go back to her waitress job? Answer in the comments below :) )