The Twins Arrive

I push harder and harder.

"I see the head." My mother screams in excitement.

"It's a girl!" The nurse announces as I push out my baby girl.

I continue to push  with tears streaming from my eyes trying to get this little boy out of me so I can finally rest. Melrose wipes away my tears and continues to hold my hand but she's very silent. One final push and I hear crying. I finally collapse as the room fills with crying from my two newborns. 

"What do want to name them?" The nurse comes over to me with a clip board.

"Malaya Janelle Williams and Jaden Malachi Williams." I say out of breath and exhausted.

When I was on my plane ride back home, me and Majesty decided to give our twins names like ours but in reverse. Malaya is like Majesty and Jaden is like Jade so then we decided to pay homage to our parents who passed by using their names as the twins middle names. The next day, I wake up to Majesty and Mom both holding the twins. My mom hands me Jaden first, his face is so soft, small, and cute. I snuggle him close to me. I soon notice that Melrose is no longer there and then I remember Desiree.

"Is Desiree ok?!" I blurt out, now remembering the drama that occurred before I fell asleep.

"Yeah, she good but her daughter is gonna have to stay in the intensive care unit for some weeks. Desiree just gotta stay a couple nights for observation." Majesty tells me.

Around noon we leave the hospital and head back home with the twins asleep in their car seats. Majesty shows me into a big bedroom downstairs that's connected to a fully furnished nursery for easy access. The twins are still sleeping and I don't want to put them in separate cribs so I put Jaden and Malaya both in one as they hold one another. I place a small blanket on top of them and watch them breathe in sync. I hear Majesty on his phone explaining to his coach how he can't come in for training cause his twins have just been born.

"How long is your training sessions?" I ask Majesty.

"About three, sometimes four hours. Why?" Majesty responds.

"That's not long at all. Enjoy yourself. We'll be fine." I say feeling grateful for all he's done for us lately.

"You, sure?" Majesty raises his eyebrows.

"Yes, I'm sure. Have fun." I hug him and kiss him on his cheek.

"Aite. Call me if you need anything. I mean anything at all." Majesty kisses the twins before he leaves.

I lay on the couch and watch a few episodes of the "Bachelor" before I doze off. About an hour later I hear a knock on the door. I open it to a sorrowful looking Melrose. She's holding flowers and wearing a tuxedo. I roll my eyes and attempt to close the door. She reveals two gift bags. One pink. One blue. 

"Mel, what do you want?" I cross my arm, guarding the doorway.

"Well, to start of with, your forgiveness." Melrose's eyes are filled with sadness.

"I already forgave you. I just need you to leave me alone now. I'm just trynna be happy." I admit.

"If you can honestly say that you don't love me at all, I promise I'll leave you alone." Melrose licks her lips and steps closer to me.

I grab the two bags that she obviously brought for the twins. They're filled two pair of Jordan's, one pink, one blue and two matching onesies. I smile and place them in the twins room and come back to the door.